Sunday, August 29, 2021

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Recovery Day #61! Today is exactly 2 months since my surgery.

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, was able to pee in the toilet instead of my AD, returned to bed, took a while to fall back asleep, woke/got up at 7am, again peed in the toilet instead of my AD which surprisingly isn’t full of urine.

Just before 8am, Teresa left for another massage. I’ve had enough of El Tesoro for a while.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the mall where I had breakfast at Habia Una Vez, printed some chess notes, recycled a couple bottles, made an ATM withdrawal and had coffee in Todo Fresa. About an hour later Teresa called and asked me to bring some medicine back for her ASAP. I called her from the Cafam pharmacy and Teresa talked to the rep. The medicine cost 123mil so it must be good. I returned right away by taxi.

Teresa is retching again. About 3pm Teresa tells me she wants to return to the clinic for more medication. I asked her if she plans on doing this every night. She called the doctor and he recommended something so Teresa asked me to go to the pharmacy for what sounded to me like “suelo” which I understand means “sky” or “heaven”. I had her write it down and it’s “suero”. She wanted 5 bottles and something called “omeprazol”. I walked to the pharmacy and handed them the note and they put 5 bottles of Pedialyte in a bag and I returned to the apt. When I took out the bottles the little box of pills wasn’t there even though I see them on the receipt. *#$($. I walked back to the pharmacy and told them the pills weren’t in my bag and they looked at me blankly. I gave them 3mil for another box and returned to the apt. Man, am I tired of the running around.

At 5:15 Teresa told me she needs another medication. I got dressed and she told me to hold on. At 6pm I sat down with my bag of peanuts to start the Bears game and she tells me she just talked to the doctor and the medicine she has now, that I made two trips to the pharmacy to get, is too strong. She also talked to the pharmacist and I can exchange the unused medicine I bought earlier for new medicine but it would be more expensive. I walked to Pasteur and exchanged the 3mil medicine I bought earlier for the new 123mil medicine using my debit card.

I returned to the apt by 6:30 and watched the remainder of the Bears game, with some buffering, with the Bears prevailing over the Tennessee Titans 27-24.

Glenn, Steve and I (and James Wilcox when he is in town) make up The Breakfast Club. Tomorrow we will be searching for a place called The Waffle House in Envigado. It seems to show up at 3 different malls in town but we think we’ve tracked it down to the correct one – Terracina Plaza at Carrera 27 #35Sur-162.

I think we only hit about 78 degrees today.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 156,296 ð 155,365 ð 156,145 new cases and 1,233 ð 1,265 ð 1,280 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,935 ð 2,078 ð 2,141, new cases with 93 ð 81 ð 95 new deaths.  Medellin has 318 ð 288 ð 288 new cases from August 27th to 28th. Envigado has 9 ð 16 ð 12 new cases from August 27th to 28th.

T-shirt of the day

Vanderbilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment