Thursday, August 26, 2021

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Recovery Day #57!

Well, I slept pretty well with the two heavy blankets on me. I went into the bathroom to take a shower but they didn’t have hot water so forget that idea.

Teresa sent me back down to the 4th floor where I had to make another payment of 109,120 which I assume was for the equipment used for their first attempt to fix the hematoma.

They checked us out early and we were soon on our way by taxi. We had gotten about a mile when Teresa asked if I packed her pre-surgical clothes. Uh, no. I showed her my gym bag with the things and I guess they weren’t there. She had the taxi driver turn around and return to the clinic. I remembered then that her clothes were in a special white clinical drawstring bag. I went back up to the 5th floor and easily found it in the closet and we were on our way again.

Teresa asked the driver to go slow to avoid any bumps and I commented she didn’t say that after my surgery and the driver got a chuckle out of that. The portero allowed the taxi into the garage so Teresa could exit closer to the elevator.

She went right to bed and rested for awhile while I got things organized.

Teresa showed me 4 hypodermic needles and I told her I hope she doesn’t expect me to give her an injection. I believe she called a nearby pharmacy and scheduled someone to come give her her shots.

We had two short thunderstorms come thru, early and late afternoon.

I tried accessing my test results but the instructions I was given didn’t seem to work. Since I have an eye doctor appointment in the same building on Thursday I can pick them up then.

Teresa started her several medications in the evening.

Teresa is sleeping in Laura’s bedroom because the bed is higher than ours.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 145,913 ð 151,227 ð 151,441 new cases and 974 ð 1,007 ð 1,116 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 3,416 ð 2,965 ð 2,467 new cases with 122 ð 98 ð 73 new deaths.  Medellin has 323 ð 367 ð 314 new cases from August 23rd to 24th. Envigado has 7 ð 22 ð 12 new cases from August 23rd to 24th.

T-shirt of the day

This is no time for boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment