Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Recovery Day #50!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:45am, changed my AD, updated my blog, watched some Game of Thrones, and returned to bed at 3:45am. I got up again at 5:30, managed to empty my bladder in the toilet and returned to bed. It took me a while to fall asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8:15. Btw, it rained most of the night.

Teresa left for the Parque Envigado gym at 8:45, right after I finished my shower. Today is the first day since my surgery that my penis looks normal; sorry, no more details.

I shaved, dressed, and left at 9:15. I walked to Parque Envigado and as I entered Carbon de Leña I saw Teresa at a back table having a simple breakfast. She told me she knows where they do Covid tests. I asked her to show me before she went to the gym. She took me to the other side of the park to Biosys. We entered and she talked to a receptionist and we learned you have to have an appointment 24 hours in advance. So much for that idea. I returned to the restaurant where I had my usual breakfast. I bought my medicine and supplements for September then returned to the apt by bus.

I left the apt again at 1:15 and as I was walking through the Texaco gas station I saw a Covid testing tent and it was open. I arrived at the mall by 1:30 and Jim soon texted me that he was a little tied up in traffic.

When he arrived we went across the street where we had the menu of the day in La Bahia with Teresa. He told me he got his Covid test for 150mil in the testing tent across from San Fernando plaza. He gifted me some things I asked for: a small package of post-it notes, a bag of salted-in-the-shell peanuts, and a box of Grape Nuts cereal. He also gave us a box of Russell Stover Pecan Delights. We made plans to meet for breakfast at Click Clack restaurant tomorrow at 9am. Teresa went to visit her mother and we returned to the mall. Jim bought a Colombian backpack for 150mil. We had coffee in Todo Fresa then we shared a taxi and he dropped me off at my apt.

The big news is Teresa got her first Pfizer vaccination today. Yay!

As I was changing clothes I realized I forgot to buy more ADs in Exito. I redressed and walked to the Pasteur pharmacy in La Buena Mesa where I bought another 20-pack of ADs for 72,100 pesos. The same package in Exito was 76,400 temporarily on sale for 61,120.

Teresa left just before 5pm for her 6:20 mammography in Clinica Medellin on Calle 7. I was tired of running around so I declined to join her.

Boy did I mess up my dates. For some reason I was thinking this Friday was the last day of August. Was I was way off.

At 5:15 the thunder started but it didn’t develop into anything. Teresa called me to tell me she was going to go to Santafe mall.

She returned at 8:30.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 130,808 ð 141,365 ð 139,872 new cases and 662 ð 704 ð 696 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 3,132 ð 3,161 ð 3,247 new cases with 103 ð 121 ð 108 new deaths.  Medellin has 368 ð 382 ð 481 new cases from August 16th to 76th. Envigado has 22 ð 22 ð 18 new cases from August 16th to 17th.

Joke of the day

My neighbor just yelled at her kids so loud that even I brushed my teeth and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment