Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Recovery Day #52!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:30, changed my AD, updated my blog, watched some Game of Thrones, and returned to bed at 3:30am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa left at 7:30 for her blood test(s) on a very dreary, overcast morning.

I received a text message from my son that he arrived back in Chicago safely.

I guess my NFL GamePass subscription hasn’t expired yet (soon) as I was able to watch last Saturday’s Bears vs Dolphins preseason game.

I was losing both my games (playing Black) to Troyclough and Michael and now I’m at least even in the first and winning the second. Michael soon resigned gaining me 2 rating points.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the mall. I had coffee in Santa Lena before returning to the apt via taxi.

Before Teresa returned I turned on the hot water in the kitchen and waited the 20 seconds for it to get hot. I went into the bathroom and turned on the hot water and waited the 20 seconds it took for it to get hot. One minute later it was cold again. Oh well, that didn’t work.

Teresa returned and informed me her sugar level is a little high and she needs another test.

It’s only 74 degrees at 1:30.

Hours later…Teresa hands me 6 pages of test results and asks me to send them to an email address she gives me. I use her phone to take photos of each page then when I go to send them I find she has no email accounts set up. I Whatsapp them to my own phone then try to send the 6 pages from my cellphone. I tell her I’m not sure if I sent all 6 pages together or just one page. An hour later she shows me a Whatsapp message with a cellphone number instead of a name attached. I tell her I can scan the pages tomorrow and email them from my laptp using my USB drive but she wants them NOW. I tell her since she’s seeing the doctor tomorrow why doesn’t she just take the pages with her? Sigh!

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 2 games to 1.

She told me she’s going to buy me a jar of something that sounded like cero that they use on babies who experience chafing.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 139,872 ð 140,893 ð 143,792 new cases and 696 ð 809 ð 910 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 3,247 ð 3,154 ð 3,193 new cases with 108 ð 93 ð 120 new deaths.  Medellin has 481 ð 258 ð 319 new cases from August 18th to 19th. Envigado has 18 ð 15 ð 19 new cases from August 18th to 19th.

Joke of the day

Two mafia hit men are walking deep into a forest in the middle of the night.

One of them says, “I gotta admit I’m scared out here.”

The other replies, “You’re scared…I gotta walk back alone!”

No comments:

Post a Comment