Monday, August 2, 2021

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Recovery Day #34!

I woke up at 6:30am and just as I was about to hit the shower Glenn texted me that he locked himself out of his apt and he needed his extra key.

I got myself ready and met him outside our porteria and handed over the extra key. We walked up to Avenida Poblado where we quickly caught a taxi to Poblado. We got off at D’Andre restaurant where Steve soon joined us. I had their hash browns with 2 eggs over easy with bacon and a café con leche. We left about 10:30 and returned to Envigado by taxi.

I stopped in Viva Envigado and bought another package of ADs before returning to the apt.

Teresa had already left to go to La Ceja. I understand she has a friend whose husband has stomach cancer and they were going to some special mass.

For lunch I ordered Frischuleta from Frisby which arrived in about an hour.

I spent more of the afternoon typing up chess notes for my new chess opening, The French Defense.

Teresa returned by 6pm.

66% the way through reading Seveneves on my Nook, I gave up.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 77,266 ð 78,357 ð 79,763 new cases and 300 ð 307 ð 310 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 9,029 ð 9,094 new cases with 291 ð 275 deaths.  Medellin has 743 ð 655 new cases from July 31st to August 1st. Envigado has 40 ð 24 new cases from July 31st to August 1st.

 

Joke of the day

A priest, a minister and a rabbit walk into a blood bank. The rabbit says, “I think I might be a type O.”

(Yeah, I had to read that more than once myself. 😊)

No comments:

Post a Comment