Thursday, August 5, 2021

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Recovery Day #37!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1:45, changed my AD, watched a little Olympics, and returned to bed at 2:45. I quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 7:30 and walked to the mall. Strangely, the gates of both Exito and the mall were still down. They both opened a few minutes after 8. I printed some chess notes in Auros, recycled the last of Teresa’s Calcium bottles in the mall then had breakfast at Habia Una Vez. I stopped at an ATM and withdrew 120mil hoping to get a bunch of 20s and it gave me 2 100s and 1 20.

I was having coffee in Todo Fresa when Teresa called to check on where I was. She soon joined me and had coffee with a chicken pastry.

I went to the restroom where I changed my AD. There was no handicap stall, so I struggled a bit in the confines of a regular stall.

After Teresa checked, they allowed me to pay with one of my 100mil bills.

Outside we took a taxi to Pricesmart. They had a few different types of pañales to choose from. I got the one that looked the most like the “pants” I have now. It was a case of 48 for 104,900 pesos. On the way back to Envigado I saw the new California Buffet I heard about, literally under construction. 1. They were painting the exterior, 2. It is under a highway exit ramp that is under construction. Later, Teresa told me that the new entrance/exit ramps to/from the highway opened today.

As soon as we returned, I went to the next door Exito and bought 3 bags of milk.

I think we hit a high of 85-86 degrees today.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 0.

Luckily, the size medium I bought in pañeles fit me okay. I found the brand I bought at  Exito fits me better and is a little more absorbent.

Well, the first round of the chess tournament I withdrew from starts tonight.

It appears there was a riot at a Bogota soccer game last night. From video you can see fans moving from section to section and even on the field with lots of fist fights.


The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 85,866 ð 92,005 ð 96,036 new cases and 340 ð 371 ð 410 new deaths.

The world passed 200 million officially recorded coronavirus cases and approached 4.25 million deaths, though the real toll is believed to be much higher. 

The highly contagious Delta variant, relaxed restrictions and vaccine resistance among a sizeable minority have driven cases sharply higher in wealthy countries with some of the highest vaccination rates.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 6,636 ð 6,929 ð 7,084 new cases with 218 ð 268 ð 211 deaths.  Medellin has 630 ð 484 ð 598 new cases from August 3rd to 4th. Envigado has 31 ð 16 ð 21 new cases from August 3rd to 4th.

 

Joke of the day

“Eat her already!” --- Animal watching people kissing.

No comments:

Post a Comment