Saturday, August 28, 2021

Friday, August 27, 2021

Recovery Day #60!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:15, was able to pee in the toilet instead of my AD, returned to bed, woke/got up at 6am, again peed in the toilet instead of my AD which surprisingly isn’t full of urine.

At 8am I took my shower and finally changed my AD (10 hours without needing a change, nice).

We left the apt at 9am and again there was a taxi downstairs waiting for us. We arrived at Torre Medica 2 in El Tesoro by 9:30 for her 10am appointment for a 1-hour medical massage. The secretary told me to return at 11am. I was approaching the copy center when Teresa called me asking for something like “frasco de sur-e”, and after repeating I understood she wanted a bottle of Ensure. I use “botella” while she uses “frasco”, both meaning bottle and of course the Spanish pronunciation for Ensure is different. I walked to the pharmacy hoping they open before 10am when all the other stores open. They were already open and I bought a small bottle of Ensure for 7,500 pesos. I returned to the doctor’s office and gave it to her, still waiting for her appt. I returned to the copy center to have something printed. I then went to Santa Leña where I had a café con leche with an almond croissant. I left at 10:45 and on the way Teresa called me to inform me her massage was over, and she felt much better for it.

Returning to the apt in heavy traffic by taxi I reminded Teresa I have a 2:20 Urologist appointment tomorrow but she didn’t believe I would have a Saturday appointment so I Whatsapp’d the doctor to confirm.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to a personl high of 1584.

Dr. Castano answered that my appointment is today. Shoot! If I’d know that I would have stayed in El Tesoro.

I killed most of an hour then took a taxi back to the mall. The driver wasn’t familiar with the most direct routes so we had to go through the construction traffic before he took the Campestre route to the mall.

I arrived at the urologist’s office at 1:45 for my 2:20 appointment. The door was closed and locked so I sat in the general waiting room until 2:15 then went into the office. There were two other men already there waiting. I inquired as to their appointment times and was told 2pm and 2:30. At one point a tall gentleman came in, spoke briefly with the receptionist then went into the office (probably another doctor). I was finally allowed in at 2:45. What I learned:

1)  My PSA test result of < 0.010 confirms I don’t have any cancer in my body. This will be checked regularly with my next appointment to see him on November 26 at 10am. I am to have a PSA test 8 days before that.

2)  The reason I have a burning sensation when I pee is because they cut the urethra during the surgery and stitch it back up at the end. This will take 2-3 months to clear.

3)  Dr. Castano recommended I go for physiotherapy sessions to facilitate the recovery of my urinary incontinence. I understand there will be feedback for my Kegel exercises.

 

The secretary gave me the order for my next PSA text and my next appointment. She also wrote an order for me to schedule my physiotherapy sessions.

 

I went down to the 6th floor and showed the order then took a seat for 10-15 minutes. The rep used a translator on her phone to communicate with me. The 3 sessions will be 267mil and the first one is scheduled for September 9th at 11am. She suggested I bring a translator with me and my brother agreed to accompany me.

I made a trip to the restroom before waiting in a short line for a taxi. I noticed the driver heading down the mountain right away and I cautioned him there is major construction on Avedida Poblado by La Frontera and it would be best to head south as far as possible before hitting Avenda Poblado. This driver really knew the back streets and used a lot of them to gain an advantage, sometimes only a few blocks.

 

When I entered the porteria the portero handed me a New in Chess magazine I had ordered. This issue came directly to my Colombian address using the Postal Code of 055422 to expedite it. I don’t know if that code is exact for this area but it’s at least close. And I don’t have any idea when the magazine was sent.

I really feel sorry for Teresa as she has the dry heaves every few seconds. She asked me to text her doctor and ask if she can return to the hospital for more care which I did. Her doctor called and asked her to return to the clinic. Not knowing if we would be staying overnight, I quickly grabbed some things: cellphone charger, my eye drops, my paperback book, 2 extra ADs, and 2 jackets.

Couldn’t believe this would be my 3rd trip to El Tesoro today.

Teresa arranged something because there was taxi waiting for us downstairs. We were soon back on the 4th floor of the Quirofanos clinic.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 152,341 ð 156,296 ð 155,365 new cases and 1,165 ð 1,233 ð 1,265 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,448 ð 1,935 ð 2,078 new cases with 86 ð 93 ð 81 new deaths.  Medellin has 37 ð 318 ð 288 new cases from August 26th to 27th. Envigado has 13 ð 9 ð 16 new cases from August 26th to 27th.

T-shirt of the day

The Cherokee Indian nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment