Thursday, August 19, 2021

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Recovery Day #51!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1am, changed my AD, watched some Game of Thrones, and returned to bed at 1:45am. I got up again at 4 (it was raining) and 5:30, managed to empty my bladder in the toilet and returned to bed. It took me a while to fall asleep, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt just after 7:30 and the portero ordered a taxi for me. I arrived at Jimmy’s hotel – Estilar by 8:15. I got an elevator key and headed up to his room. The room was typical but the bed was king size.

We walked to Avenida Poblado where we caught a taxi which took us to the other side of Calle 10. We walked the two blocks to Sere where I had their French toast and he had their pancakes. We left at 10am and I dropped him off at his hotel and returned to the apt.

Teresa had already left for the finca.

I’m trying to get up and “hold it” every hour or so and I’m having a little success going in the toilet instead of my AD. To quote the movie Contact, “small changes, [Ellie], small changes”.

I tried ordering chicken wings from Go Wings but the Rappi app wouldn’t include fries in my order. I tried ordering a burger from McDonalds, but the iFood app  said the restaurant wasn’t open. Lol.

I was lazy and instead of going out I just had a large bowl of cereal.

As I was leaving for Parva I ran into Teresa returning from the finca. I had coffee and picked up 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt. Teresa told me she tried to take a nap but someone mistakenly knocked on our apt door.

Jimmy’s Spirit flight left on time but he has a 3-hour layover in Ft. Lauderdale before returning to Chicago just after midnight.

Teresa showed me a test result on Whatsapp and asked me to print a copy for her before her 6am appointment tomorrow. Yeah, right!

I think we barely reached 80 degrees today.

At 6:30 the downpour started and we lost Direct TV so I just switched to Medellin TV (still have wifi) and watched more Game of Thrones.

Teresa explained she has a blood test early tomorrow. Something about they take a blood sample then she eats some sugar, then they take another sample, then she eats more sugar, then they take a 3rd blood sample. She said the whole test takes 3-4 hours.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 141,365 ð 139,872 ð 140,893 new cases and 704 ð 696 ð 809 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 3,161 ð 3,247 ð 3,154 new cases with 121 ð 108 ð 93 new deaths.  Medellin has 382 ð 481 ð 258 new cases from August 17th to 18th. Envigado has 22 ð 18 ð 15 new cases from August 17th to 18th.

Joke of the day

I just asked myself if I’m crazy and we all said NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment