Monday, August 2, 2021

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Recovery Day #33!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, took a little while to fall asleep, woke up at 4:15, changed my AD, watched a little of the Olympics, did a little work on the computer and returned to bed at 5am. I quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Troyclough and Michael resigned their games increasing my rating to 1573, my highest yet.

I had a nap after breakfast.

We each had 2 leftover ribs for lunch along with a salad that Teresa made.

I think we hit 84 degrees today.

I left the apt at 3pm in jeans and a t-shirt. I felt it was too warm to walk to the mall so I asked the portero to call me a taxi. A few minutes later he reported that he couldn’t get one. I walked to the mall, relieved to find that the last block that I’m usually walking in the sun was now in shade because the sun was behind the building. I printed some chess notes, recycled some plastic bottles and had coffee at Santa Leña. When I left I bought a package of 48 eggs for 36,400 pesos then returned to the apt by taxi.

For supper I had the last 2 ribs.

Teresa told me that Laura said the US embassy won’t be issuing any new tourist visas until 2023.

I finished season 4 of The Handmade’s Tale.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 71,621 ð 77,266 ð 78,357 new cases and 321 ð 300 ð 307 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 9,029 new cases with 291 deaths.  Medellin has 743 new cases from July 30th to 31st. Envigado has 40 new cases from July July 30th to 31st.

 

Joke of the day

The sum of the cabbage is directly proportional to the square root of the carrot divided by the mayo. That is Cole’s Law.

1 comment: