Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Monday, August 9, 2021

Recovery Day #42!

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 3:15, changed my AD, watched a little TV, did a little work on the computer and returned to bed at 4:15. I went back to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Teresa left just before 9 for gym class in Viva Envigado.

I left at 9:30 and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while reviewing some chess notes. I left about an hour later and returned to the apt. Teresa called me at 11 and asked me to meet her at Mercado Madrid. I meet her there 30 minutes later, paid for the groceries and a muchacho pushed the cart of groceries back to our apt.

One TV commercial here cracks me up. They show a wife coming home to her frazzled husband alone with the kids. She saves the day by opening a package of what looks like Ramen noodles and puts them in a pot of boiling water. Then they show the wife as being super woman. 😊

I had an hour and fifteen-minute nap after lunch.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 0. I gave her a warning during the 2nd game to stop making me laugh, because when I laugh I pee, and it’s no fun being wet.

I reminded Teresa again when are we going to get the shower fixed. She called, I think the real estate agency, and talked to someone. She then explained to me they have to call the owner to see if he wants to fix, or pay to have fixed, the shower. What? If he doesn’t want to fix it then we’re out of luck?

My son is due to arrive via Air Mexico just before midnight Wednesday night so I’ll wait to here from him on Thursday.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 108,468 ð 110,360 ð 124,470 new cases and 505 ð 516 ð 553 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 6,051 ð 4,350 ð 4,023 new cases (the lowest number since 3/16/21) with 190 ð 181 ð 143 deaths.  Medellin has 486  ð 492 ð 589 new cases from August 8th to 9th. Envigado has 20  ð 29 ð 20 new cases from August 8th to 9th,

Joke of the day

My parrot died today. Its last words were, “Damn, I think my parrot is about to die.”

No comments:

Post a Comment