Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Recovery Day #47!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1am, changed my AD, watched some Game of Thrones, and returned to bed at 2am.  I fell asleep quickly, waking/getting up again at 5am. I changed my AD again and returned to bed. I finally woke/got up at 7:45. I ran to the bathroom so as to empty my bladder in the toilet instead of my AD allowing me to wait a little longer before changing it.

At 10:30 it started raining.

I left the apt at 11am with my large umbrella. The plan was to meet Jimmy at his hotel at 11:30 to get a quick tour then go together to Patrick’s Irish Pub to watch the Chicago Bears preseason game vs the Miami Dolphins. I quickly caught a bus and just as quickly we hit the construction traffic and were crawling along. I texted him that we should meet at Patrick’s because we wouldn’t have time to meet at the hotel and still get to Patrick’s by noon. When he arrived he informed me they weren’t open. We went to plan B which was to meet at my apt. He continued on with his taxi which was smart enough to avoid most of the construction. I got off at Oviedo mall ad caught a bud in the opposite direction. He arrived at the apt before me and I finally arrived about 12;45, having to go through the construction funnel again.

The Bears started out slow but their new QB, Justin Fields, finally took command of the game the Bears won 20-13. Jimmy left shortly after our 3rd string QB came in, Nick Foles. The TV station reported they would replay the game at 7pm but I couldn’t find it.

We had rain again in the evening.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 125,894 ð 128,537 ð 129,705 new cases and 616 ð 650 ð 655 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 4,272 ð 4,027 ð 4,007 new cases with 144 ð 124 ð 135 deaths.  Medellin has 275 ð 350 ð 386 new cases from August 13th to 14th.  Envigado has 18 ð 18 ð 12 new cases from August 13th to 14th.

Joke of the day

Sometimes I want kids just so I can have fish sticks for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment