Sunday, August 22, 2021

Friday, August 20, 2021

Recovery Day #53!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1:15, changed my AD, updated my blog, watched some Game of Thrones, and returned to bed at 2:15am, I got up again at 5:45, changed my AD, returned to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Teresa talked to Patricia then informed me there is a cream called Cero (zero) used on babies to alleviate irritation and she will get me some for my poor irritated penis.

We left the apt at 10am and arrived at El Tesoro by 10:30, plenty early for her 11:20 appointment. We entered the first entrance of the mall and I immediately saw the little kiosk copy center. While I waited a few minutes to have some pages printed Teresa scoped out some nearby stores. When I was done, she motioned me over to a shoe store. She said a gringo didn’t speak Spanish and was having difficulty buying a pair of shoes. I told him I was from Chicago and he said he was from Georgia. I explained the saleslady is afraid the shoes are too tight and he replied they will be fine as long as he keeps his toenails trimmed.

Nobraskja texted me they have a package for me. I told her I would leave an envelope with cash when I return from El Tesoro.

We went to Clinica de Quirofanos where after bouncing back and forth from desk to desk and Teresa filling out papers I charged her upcoming surgery. Strangely, my Citibank card was declined so I had to use my USAA bank card. They gave her some bill that we took to Carulla where we put a little more cash into an account for what reason I don’t know.

We had lunch in J&C Delicias.

We walked to Dr. Sierra’s office just north of the mall where a security guard notified us that his office had moved to the new Torre Medica #2. Teresa called the office to confirm that but she forgot to ask which office in the tower. I led her the shortest route to the tower, she called their office number  and we went up to the 16th floor. Most of the office space is still unused but we found his office at the end of the hall. Teresa talked for some time with the two receptionists and I finally paid the millions of pesos in cash for the Doctor’s fee. Her surgery is scheduled for early Monday morning but due to Covid there doesn’t appear to be an available bed so they will assign us a nurse for the first night to help her in our apartment. That’s going to be awkward with her in her condition and me in mine. We should get a refund but we might use it to entice the nurse to stay over additional nights.

We returned to the apt in heavy traffic and it started raining as we approached Envigado.

Troyclough resigned a close game increasing my rating to 1575.

As soon as we returned to the apt I removed my clothes and went for a nap but as I was lying there I realized I had forgotten to check if I my package arrived and I had forgotten to leave cash to pay for it.

When I got up a little over an hour later I gave Teresa an envelope with 44 mil and asked her to drop it off at the porteria for Envios Market.

Teresa told me Esmeralda was going to pick us up to go for pizza or patacones but I begged off. I’d been out enough today.

Shortly after she left, a portero stopped by and delivered my package. Officially, it’s called an External Urinary Catheter Kit by Vastmedic. I’ll give that a try tomorrow to hopefully reduce the number of ADs I have to wear and the irritation my penis is experiencing in wet diapers.

Teresa gave me a list of medications she will need so I’ll try to get them from Todo Drogas tomorrow. She has other tests and test results to pick up so she’ll be pretty busy again tomorrow morning.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 140,893 ð 143,792 ð 145,913 new cases and 809 ð 910 ð 974 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 3,154 ð 3,193 ð 3,416 new cases with 93 ð 120 ð 122 new deaths.  Medellin has 258 ð 319 ð 323 new cases from August 19th to 20th. Envigado has 15 ð 19 ð 7 new cases from August 19th to 20th.

Joke of the day

And finally… Donald Trump and Barack Obama somehow ended up at the same barbershop. As they sat there, each being worked on by a different barber, not a word was spoken. The barbers were even afraid to start a conversation, for fear it would turn to politics. As the barbers finished their shaves, the one who had Trump in his chair reached for the aftershave. Trump was quick to stop him saying, 'No thanks, my wife will smell that and think I've been in a whorehouse,' The second barber turned to Obama and said, 'How about you?' Obama replied, 'Go ahead, my wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like.’

No comments:

Post a Comment