Sunday, August 22, 2021

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Recovery Day #54!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a while to fall asleep, woke up at midnight, updated my blog, watched some Game of Thrones, changed my AD, and returned to bed at 2am, I got up again at 4am, peed in the toilet, returned to bed, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I raced to the toilet to pee but the door was closed as Teresa was taking a shower so I ended up just peeing in my AD. Now that its full I will need to take my shower sooner rather than later and change my AD. Timing is everything.

I questioned Teresa again about the reason I had to make the Carulla payment and she had no idea. I checked the receipt and it appears it is Sura life insurance.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to downtown Envigado. They had a tent set up and were giving vaccinations in the park square. I had my Pfizer vaccination card copied and laminated for 3mil. At Todo Drogas I bought Teresa’s medicines for 500,000 pesos. I asked about a cream for babies called Cero. I explained that I am 50 days post-surgery and I was experiencing external penile irritation. He sold me something called Sanababy for 15,300 and told me I could apply it twice a day.

I returned to La Buena Mesa by bus and had coffee in Parva. When I left I bought another package of pañeles in Pasteur for 76,115 before returning to the apt.

I dropped off some things then walked down to McDonald’sAs I sat down I saw two girls nearby making out. More accurately, one was sitting there and the other one was all over her. I used my iFood app to order a burger combo, successfully for the first time. I walked back to the porteria and arrived just minutes before the Rappi guy brought my food.

I put on the cream and got almost immediate relief. At least externally there is less irritation.

I had just enough time to eat my burger & fries before the game began.

I watched the Bears vs Bill preseason game but I ended up enjoying my peanuts and Coke more than the game.

Just before 2pm the downpour started with extreme lightning. I unplugged the TV and had to continue watching the game using my NFL Gamepass account. It looks like I have one more preseason game to watch before it expires. With all the lightning and rain we have here maybe I should renew my account as the wifi seldom goes out.

I put on the Vastmedic External Urinary Catheter and it is very uncomfortable. At least it might save me having to buy ADs all the time.

At one point I had a leak; it’s obvious I can’t lie down while wearing this thing. I may have just exchanged one problem for another.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 143,792 ð 145,913 ð 151,227 new cases and 910 ð 974 ð 1,007 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 3,193 ð 3,416 ð 2,965 new cases with 120 ð 122 ð 98 new deaths.  Medellin has 319 ð 323 ð 367 new cases from August 20th to 21st. Envigado has 19 ð 7 ð 22 new cases from August 20th to 21st.

T-shirt of the day

Sweeter than honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment