Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Monday, August 2, 2021

Recovery Day #35!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 3:45, watched a little Olympics, did a little work on the computer changed my AD, and returned to bed at 4:30. I quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 7:45am.

Teresa left the apt just before 9am for 2 gym classes at Viva Envigado.

Lately, on a few occasions I’ve felt the old pain in my lower back so I don’t think the new Caledula Flower I bought locally is working as well as the ones I was buying from the States.

I left the apt at 10am and walked to the mall. I printed some chess notes but for some reason I messed up the file and it didn’t contain what I thought it did.

Upstairs in the food court I recycled some of Teresa’s empty calcium plastic bottles. Downstairs I had coffee in Todo Fresa. A few minutes later Teresa called (she only went to one gym class) and she and Patricia soon joined me. We all had coffee with a pastry. We returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa talked to the renters of the finca and I understand they are making changes to turn it into a “pet center” so I guess they are serious about buying it. Teresa informed me she will have to see what they’ve done.

Teresa wants to go to Pricesmart to buy ADs (pañeles in Spanish) in bulk. I can understand selling them for babies but I don’t think it would be a popular item for adults. I looked online and I did see Pampers for babies. It would be nice if we could call first to save ourselves a trip. I finally found their number online so I called and put Teresa on the phone. I asked her to ask if this is Medellin and she says, “why”? I said, “because I don’t want to go to the Pricesmart in Cali” and finally she understood what I meant. Well, it appears they answer the phone they just don’t say anything. Sigh!

I left the apt at 2:30. I didn’t want to walk back to the mall so I decided I would take a bus back and forth to the park. I walked to the nearest Avenida Poblado bus stop. Five minutes later I thought I got lucky when I saw a Sabaneta bus coming but it was in the far lane, passing an Envigado bus so not only did he not see me but he couldn’t have stopped if he had. I hate when they do that. I had to wait another 15 minutes for the next bus. I’m getting too old for this: holding a binder in one hand, trying to step up while the bus is already moving, trying to balance myself while handing the driver 5mil and trying to hold on to the change while someone else is trying to get off.

I eventually walked to the back of the bus and sat down on the last available seat. I got off at Calle 37 and walked the last two blocks to the copy center where I printed some chess notes. I cut through the park where I found an Envigado bus with a single seat next to the back exit door. I got off at Fecundity Park and walked the last block to Parva where I ordered a café con leche. When the waiter brought it instead of the usual leaf design on top it was a ‘T’. Aww! I checked my notes for about an hour before returning to the apt by taxi.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 78,357 ð 79,763 ð 85,866 new cases and 307 ð 310 ð 340 new deaths.

New cases have fallen sharply in India and Latin America, the hardest-hit parts of the world this spring. But the worldwide numbers continue to rise, driven by the Delta variant in highly vaccinated regions like Western Europe and the United States, where cases are relatively low but climbing fast.

 

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 9,029 ð 9,094 ð 6,636 new cases (lowest since 3/24/21) with 291 ð 275 ð 218 deaths.  Medellin has 743 ð 655 ð 630 new cases from August 1st to 2nd. Envigado has 40 ð 24 ð 31 new cases from August 1st to 2nd.

 

Joke of the day

One hard thing to explain to other people under 20 is how legitimately exciting it used to be when someone would wheel in an overhead projector.

No comments:

Post a Comment