Monday, August 30, 2021

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Recovery Day #62!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1am, was able to pee in the toilet instead of my AD, returned to bed, woke/got up at 3am, again peed in the toilet, returned to bed, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

At 7:45 Teresa asked if I could pick up 2 paletas for her at Exito when I return. Just before I left I had her write it down and she asked me if I could go to the grocery store opposite Smartfit and bring it to her now. If she had asked me 30 minutes ago I would have had time. Now, I told her I have to leave to meet my friends.

I left the apt at 8:20 and met Glenn and Bianca outside Otra Parte at 8:30. We quickly caught a taxi to Terracina Plaza at Carrera 27 #35Sur-162. I stayed in the taxi while Glenn talked to a security guard. When he returned he reported The Waffle House was upstairs. We took an elevator to the terrace where we found the restaurant. It wasn’t even a garage restaurant, more of a closet restaurant. Still I had a decent waffle with syrup, 2 fried eggs, bacon (bits), and a cappuccino for 18mil. We received a voice message from Steve, sent 20 minutes before we arrived, informing us he rode his bicycle there but the security guard wouldn’t let him park his bicycle. He later reported he stopped at City Plaza on his way back and they don’t have a Waffle House there.

We walked to City Plaza (took exactly 17 minutes as Google Maps predicted). We checked out their food court and no Waffle House. They did have a Comedor de Chava and I asked someone working there the names of the brothers – Andres & Lucas. He pointed to Andres a few meters away. I explained who I was to Andres and to give “Saludos” to Lucas in Mall Laureles.

We quickly caught a taxi outside back to Avenida Poblado. I got out at Smartfit and Glenn continued on to La Frontera.

I stopped at the little grocery store and bought 2 “paletas” (popsicles) for 1,600 pesos and took them back to the apt for Teresa.

Teresa seems to be much better today, at least no more retching.

I put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises then took a nap from 3:30 to 4:15. As I entered the guest bathroom (master bathroom toilet has a leak and hasn’t been used in months (years?)) I heard Teresa answer the door. As I was peeing I heard her talking to someone and also heard someone answer. In my AD I returned to the bedroom and got dressed. It was Esmeralda in full facemask. She brought some soup for Teresa but after a spoonful she started retching again. They left at 6:15 as Esmeralda took her back to the clinic.

Teresa called me to ask for our address. She called again a few minutes later to tell me she didn’t bring her keys. She will call me later to tell me what’s happening.

At 8:20 the downpour started.

At 8:40 Alejandro texted me that they need the name of a medicine that Dr. Sierrra prescribed. I should take a photo of it and Whatsapp it. I found two prescriptions which I sent to Teresa via Whatsapp.

At 9:45 Alejandro texted me that Teresa had blood drawn for tests and they gave her some medications with serum (?). I can go to bed but don’t turn off my cellphone because Teresa doesn’t have keys.

I went to bed at 10:45.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 155,365 ð 156,145 ð 156,885 new cases and 1,265 ð 1,280 ð 1,295 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,078 ð 2,141 ð 1,954 new cases with 81 ð 95 ð 68 new deaths.  Medellin has 288 ð 288 ð 302 new cases from August 28th to 29th. Envigado has 16 ð 12 ð 5 new cases from August 28th to 29th.

T-shirt of the day

Badness stole my hart.

No comments:

Post a Comment