Saturday, August 7, 2021

Friday, August 6, 2021

Recovery Day #39!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2am, changed my AD, watched a little Olympics, and returned to bed at 2:30. It took a little while to fell back asleep but I got up again at 5:30, changed my AD, went back to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa is going to an 8am exercise class so I’ll probably be having breakfast at the mall.

I put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, showered, shaved, dressed, and left the apt at 8:30. At the mall I printed some chess notes then had breakfast at Habia Una Vez. Teresa came by and informed me she’s going to have coffee with her gf Olga in Mayorca and maybe we’ll meet there later for lunch. I recycled a bottle upstairs then had coffee in Santa Leña. Teresa called me later and said she’s on her way back to Viva Envigado. I went to the zapateria where I picked up my repaired Bears sandal. I ran into Teresa on my way back inside the mall. I told her I needed to change my AD and I would check the Exito bathroom but I might need to go to a mall restroom. The Exito restroom didn’t have toilet seats so I didn’t look further to see if they had a hook on the door. In the mall restroom while changing my AD my penis felt like it was burning. I thought it might be that I couldn’t clear my bladder but changing position didn’t improve anything. The burning finally went away but that was a painful 30 seconds or so.

I paid for Teresa’s face cream then we had lunch across the street at La Bahia. Teresa took a taxi back to the apt and I returned to Exito where I bought a package of pañeles, milk, and toilet paper and returned to the apt by taxi. These particular pañeles are on sale for 2 more days so I will probably return for another.

The Tena brand pañeles cost about 1,000 pesos more per unit than the Pricesmart brand.

I think we hit 85 degrees today.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 0.

At the 5-hour mark urine leaked from one of the new pañeles into my shorts so I obviously can’t trust them like the Tena brand.

Teresa left at 6:30 to go for patacones with a girlfriend.

I’ve been thinking the urine collection bag I was using the week after my surgery would make more sense than buying/wearing ADs every day - without the catheter of course. I found some things on the internet that might be more practical if this incontinence is going to be a long-term issue. I found incontinence pants on the internet but I have to be sure I order the correct ones in the correct size since they won’t be here for 2-3 weeks.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 96,036 ð 100,199 ð 106,723 new cases and 410 ð 438 ð 497 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 7,084 ð 6,540 ð 6,980 new cases with 211 ð 204 ð 188 deaths.  Medellin has 598 ð 632 ð 398 new cases from August 5th to 6th.  Envigado has 21 ð 24 ð 18 new cases from August 5th to 6th.

 

Joke of the day

Growing up, my mom would often say, “If you kids didn’t cost so much, I could drink wine that comes out of a bottle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment