Thursday, August 12, 2021

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Recovery Day #44!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a while to fall asleep, woke up at 1:30, did a little work on the computer, changed my AD, watched a little TV, and returned to bed at 2:30am. I got up once again at 5:30 to pee in the toilet instead of wetting my AD more than necessary.  I fell asleep quickly, waking/getting up at 7:15.

For my shower today, I got my bottom half a little wet with cold water, scrubbed myself with a soapy washcloth, shampooed my hair, scrubbed my upper half with a washcloth, turned on the hot water and rinsed most of myself. When it turned cold I turned it off for 10 seconds, then turned it back on and repeated the cold-hot-cold water process.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to Parque Envigado where I had breakfast at Carbon de Leña for 9,500 pesos. I printed some chess notes at the copy center then walked the 2 blocks to Dollar City where I found the tab dividers for my 3-ring binder. Not the 5 tabs I was looking for but 8 tabs for 3mil. I walked through the park to the bus stop where I took a bus back to La Buena Mesa. I stopped in the Pasteur pharmacy where I bought the small bag of cotton balls for 2,630 pesos that Teresa asked for. I walked to the other side of the block where I had a café con leche in Parva while reviewing my chess notes. I’m almost finished putting my notebook together so I can soon start actually studying the French Defense opening.

Teresa returned at 11:30 after visiting with MT.

Teresa asked me to have my brother bring more little tubes of super glue but I checked the garage storage area and I still have 3 left; should be enough for the next couple years or so.

If I understood correctly on the afternoon news, Bogota is going to start pioneering vaccination passports.

I think we barely hit 80 degrees today.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 0.

My son should be arriving in Medellin about midnight tonight. I guess he’ll contact me tomorrow after he’s had time to rest.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 124,470 ð 118,067 ð 124,234 new cases and 553 ð 607 ð 552 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 4,023 ð 3,948 ð 5,368 new cases with 143 ð 167 ð 185 deaths.  Medellin has 589 ð 291 ð 566 new cases from August 10th to 11th. Envigado has 20 ð 13 ð 24 new cases from August 10th to 11th.

Joke of the day

“I don’t want a whole dessert; let’s just get two spoons.” --- Former friends of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the flow switch on your water heater. Try turning on the hot water in the bathroom sink and leave it running. Then turning on the shower and see if it will stay hotfor you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its Adam its amazing great to see you are still doing the blog I think about you when I see you tubers you would have been on of the biggest with your stories and your work ethic you really should have been the biggest you tuber in colombia

    ReplyDelete