Sunday, August 8, 2021

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Recovery Day #40!

Today is a holiday – The battle of Boyaca.

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1:45, changed my AD, watched a little Olympics, did a little work on the computer and returned to bed at 2:30. It took a little while to fell back asleep, but I got up again at 5:30, changed my AD, went back to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7:45am.

This was the first time since my surgery that as I got up and I didn’t immediately start peeing. I could use some more of that. It happened again after breakfast. Small improvements!

I left the apt at 10am in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt in 70 degrees and walked to Avenida Poblado hoping to catch a Sabaneta bus. After walking 3-4 blocks south I gave up and crossed the street in order to be in the shade. I stopped at the pharmacy that had a mailbox size box for recycling unused medicines but the store was under construction. I continued on to the bookstore where I exchanged paperbacks for 2mil. I went to the paper store and surprisingly found it closed. Ah, I forgot today is a holiday. I didn’t find an Envigado bus at the usual bus stop so I just continued on. I soon remembered there was a photo store a block or two away so I headed there. A young man directed me across the street to an Origami store that when I got close I saw was also a paper store. I had some chess notes printed then walked to Parva where I had a café con leche.

Marcos Hope called me and told me a little about his trip to Arizona. In the middle of the call Teresa called and asked me to order fried chicken from Frisby. At 11:45, just before I left Parva, I used my Rappi app to order the chicken. I think the driver made a couple other deliveries before mine as it arrived from Viva Envigado an hour later.

Laura texted me that she has an immigration interview on September 8th. Good for her.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 2 games to 1. One of the ways she teases me is, usually after rolling doubles, she says, “who’s winning”? Now I reply, “winning isn’t important, to win is important”.

I ordered a Vastmedic external urinary male catheter which I hope will alleviate the need for diapers at least while in the apt.

As my daddy used to say, “I’d rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.”

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 100,199 ð 106,723 ð 108,468 new cases and 438 ð 497 ð 505 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 6,540 ð 6,980 ð 6,051 new cases with 204 ð 188 ð 190 deaths.  Medellin has 632 ð 398 ð 486 new cases from August 6th to 7th. Envigado has 24 ð 18 ð 20 new cases from August 6th to 7th.

 

Joke of the day

What my girlfriend thought, first four dates:

1.   Nice shirt.

2.   Wow. A second nice shirt

3.   Ok, first shirt again.

4.   He has two shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment