Saturday, July 31, 2021

Friday, July 30, 2021

Recovery Day #32!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:15, changed my AD, watched a little of the Olympics and returned to bed at 3am. I quickly fell back asleep but woke up at 4:30 with a strong desire to urinate. Of course, I didn’t make it to the toilet in time so I had to change my AD again. I went back to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Teresa left at 8am for her gym class or classes in Viva Envigado.

I left at 9am and walked to the mall. (Usually the first of the month I walk to Parque Envigado to pick up supplements in a tienda naturista and my medicine in Todo Drogas. I have enough supplements for another month and I’m hoping I can pick up my medicine in the CaFam pharmacy in Exito.) In CaFam I had no problem finding what I needed.

(Later at the apt I did a price comparison and the 86,950 I paid at CaFam for Atorvastatina was 24,897 at Todo Drogas. The 27,500 I paid for Zopiclona at CaFam was 14,901 at Todo Drogas. Quite a difference in price.)

I went upstairs to Bancolombia. I had a 5-minute wait before I was allowed inside. My number was O184 and they were serving (or had served) O181. Thirty minutes later the O’s hadn’t changed. Ten minutes later they quickly moved to O182 and O183 so I got my things out to be ready when I was called. Next I saw them calling O185, they skipped me! I waited a couple minutes and they went to O186. I then went to one of the reps that allows people in and showed her that they skipped me. She talked to cashier #2 and she soon took me. I picked up the cash my brother sent me then used the cash I sent myself to paying 4 bills. At one point the cashier dropped one of my post-it-notes but couldn’t find it under her desk. It took a couple minutes, but she finally found it on the other side of the partition on the next cashier’s floor.

I took the remainder of the cash to Av Villas where I paid the rent for the apt.

I went upstairs to the 3rd floor to get a haircut at Celebrity Barber Shop. As I entered I only saw 2 barbers and neither was Daniel. I asked the receptionist if Daniel was there and available. She took out her cellphone and made a call. She then looked past me and I saw about 6 barbers sitting at a table in the food court. Daniel came right away and gave me the usual premium haircut for 65mil.

I called Teresa and she told me she was in a long line at the Deborah Arango library for her vaccination.

In Exito I bought 3 bags of milk and a couple bananas and returned to the apt by taxi.

I texted Liga de Ajedrez and requested to withdraw from the chess tournament that starts next week.

On the afternoon news, five hospitals in Bogota report no Covid-19 deaths. I assume they mean in the last 24-hours and I also assume that must be unusual.

I left the apt just after 1pm and had the menu of the day at Asados Rogelio. Only problem is I asked for rice but no arepa and they gave me an arepa but no rice. Still not bad for 16mil. I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche for an hour or so.

On my way back to the apt I stopped in our neighborhood Exito but they still don’t have the brand of eggs we prefer.

When Teresa returned she reported that they were only giving the vaccination to 24-year-olds. That’s hard to believe.

I texted Mu to see if they were open. They replied, “due to a lack of product, we will only be serving customers in the restaurant this weekend, no deliveries”. Teresa really wanted to go so we left the apt at 7:15. First challenge was getting a taxi. The portero called and reported the line was busy. Teresa took the number and she called and I could hear from her speaker phone that she was on hold. Fifteen minutes later a taxi pulled up and the passengers were slow getting out and paying for their ride which gave us time to confirm the car was available. The next challenge is Teresa mistakenly directed him to an area of Avenida Poblado where she said he could do a u-turn. I directed him down past the Primax gas station then down a couple blocks and after a couple right turns we were on Calle La Buena Mesa on our way back to Avenida Poblado where he could make a left turn. Soon we were in bumper-to-bumper traffic because of the construction. We moved about 4 car lengths every time the far ahead traffic lights turned green. We finally got past the construction and hit bumper-to-bumper traffic again on Calle 7 the final few blocks before the restaurant. We got out and found a short line of about 3 parties ahead of us to enter. We could hear a crowd above us in the patio area enjoying themselves. We were finally taken to a small table in the upstairs patio and I hit my head going up. The waiter noticed and was concerned and even offered me ice but it was just a graze. On the downward side they had a warning sign about the “low bridge”. There was a long table with about 20 mostly gringos with a few Colombianas. Luckily, they had already finished eating so we wouldn’t have to wait behind them for food service. We had the large order of ribs with fries and we each had a Coke for 105mil, including tip. We each ate two ribs and I ate a lot of fries and we took the remainder to go. Outside we had about a 15-minute wait before we caught a taxi to the apt. This time we took Avenida Las Vegas and arrived at the apt by 10pm.

I completed a quick pre-sleep routine before going to bed at 11pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 66,924 ð 71,621 ð 77,266 new cases and 316 ð 321 ð 300 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,757,139 ð 4,766,829 ð 4,776,291 new cases with 119,801 ð 120,126 ð 120,432 deaths.  Medellin has 386,625 ð 387,338 ð 388,040 cases, an increase of 684 cases from July 29th to 30th. Envigado has a total of 28,709 cases, an increase of 42 from July July 29th to 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment