Friday, July 9, 2021

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Recovery Day #10!

Last night I had intestinal pain from 10:30 when I went to bed until 1am. I got up at 4:15, changed my AD, had a drink of water, noticed the street was slightly wet, had a BM and returned to bed. I had more stomach pain, made another trip to the bathroom, this time I had close to diarrhea, finally cleared my system and returned to bed at 5am.

Teresa woke me at 7am as she was leaving for the gym so I got up.

My testicle swelling has gone down dramatically but still a long way to go.

I had a little granola for breakfast.

Teresa returned at 8am and reported the elevator is under maintenance. Good thing I kept track of that.

Today I was able to put on my own socks so I’m getting more flexibility in the surgical area.

I had a 1-hour nap after breakfast.

I had a 90-minute nap in the afternoon.

Even though I’m sitting in the most comfortable chair my butt gets sore. Today I was able to move to the recliner which allows me to redistribute my weight better.

We hit a high of 84 degrees today, slightly higher than normal.

I finished season 3 and started season 4 of Alone. Teresa watches sometimes but mainly the TV is mine during the day and hers in the evening.

We had some sprinkles early in the evening.

Mainly waiting for time to pass so I can heal.

Tomorrow I’m going to try a quick run (run, ha ha) to the mall. I’ll probably won’t be gone about an hour and will take a taxi both ways. One little problem with my plan. I put on a new AD at 6:30 and I only have 2 left. (I don’t know why Teresa doesn’t buy more than one package at a time.) That means I would only be able to change once during the night before putting on the last before leaving for the mall. I asked what time Teresa’s gym class is tomorrow and she said 7-8am. I asked her to pick up another pack after her class and that would allow me to use the last two tonight.

Teresa brought up that we need groceries. She said she could go to Mercado Madrid and pick up everything and call me when she’s ready to check out and I could walk down, pay for everything, and walk back. Sounds like a plan.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 12,914 ð 15,259 ð 16,208 new cases and 249 ð 182 ð 193 new deaths.

·        Another wave of the pandemic is hitting many parts of the world, with countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America experiencing their highest caseloads, driven in part by the highly contagious Delta variant of the virus.

·        Worried about virus variants and the new surge, the W.H.O. and health officials in many countries are urging people to continue — or resume — wearing masks, while new lockdowns and travel bans take effect from Australia to Bangladesh to South Africa to Portugal.

·        The European Union has started using digital travel passes to free people from some travel restrictions by showing that they are fully vaccinated, have recently tested negative for the virus, or have recently recovered from infection.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,402,582 ð 4,426,811 ð 4,450,086 new cases with 110,019 ð 110,578 ð 111,155 deaths.  Medellin has 362,830 ð 364,205 ð 365,667 cases, an increase of 1,462 cases from July 7th to 8th. Envigado has a total of 27,593 cases, an increase of 83 from July 7th to 8th.


T-shirt of the day

Too handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment