Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Recovery Day #8!

Went to bed last night at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, but woke up at 3am and got up at 3:30. I watched an episode of Alone and went back to bed at 5am. I finally fell back asleep getting/waking just before 7am.

Teresa left at 8:15 to pick up some of her medicine at eps. In the meantime I watched another episode of Alone, then washed my face and shaved so at least I’ve got that out of the way. When she returns, I’ll do a body wash in the sink, put on my clean, and warmer, pajamas and we’ll go see my urologist in El Tesoro.

(Somehow I lost everything I wrote yesterday and I have to do it over.)

Teresa returned by 10am then talked to Dr. Castano’s secretary. He wants to see me at 11:30. Teresa helped me wash my hair, I sponge bathed my body at the sink as best I could then put on my cleaner and warmer pajamas. (Nice to get out of those thinner pajamas I’ve been wearing for a week.) Teresa called a taxi and had them pick me up downstairs in the garage.

The ride to El Tesoro was uneventful and Teresa led me up to the 6th floor Urogine office. We checked in then took a seat. I was cold sitting there in just my pajamas, long socks, and soft sole moccasins. About 10 minutes later we were called back into a consultation room with Dr. Castano, another male doctor and 2 female doctors. I laid down on the examination table and a female doctor pulled down my pants, connected something to my IV line which deflated the balloon in my bladder then pulled out the catheter. It was a little uncomfortable but not painful and I think I sprayed some urine on her gloves. (This is when I realized we had forgotten to bring an adult diaper, hereafter referred to as AD, with us.) About noon CDST Dr. Castano informed me I was cancer free. We caught the cancer while it was in my prostate before it had time to spread. Dr. Castano removed the tape covering my 2 surgical procedures and inspected the area. They pulled my pants back up then had me sit in the waiting room drinking cups of cold water until I could pee. With my pants being slightly wet now I was really cold. I managed to pee a little in the restroom then returned to the consultation room.

Dr. Castano told me he would see me next week and 2 weeks after that I would have my first of several PSA tests.

Outside we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt and I was happy I was able to keep the car clean and dry but I thought this taxi needed some new springs or shocks. I quickly put on the first of many AD.

After lunch I tried taking a nap but gave up after about 30 minutes.

Today was another beautiful day with a high of 82 degrees.

I finished watching season 2 and started season 3 of Alone. Teresa watched some with me and she started getting into it. In the evening we heard cheering from surrounding buildings, and I switched to the Colombia vs Argentina match for the America’s Cup. Colombia had just tied Argentina but went on to lose 3-2 in penalty kicks.

Again my genitals seemed to increase in size in the evening. Last week was the worst week of my life and I expect this week to come in second.

I went to bed at 10pm without taking a sleeping pill to see if I could sleep without one. I gave up at 12:30am, got up and went into the bathroom. I looked down inside my AD and saw I was peeing at that very moment but couldn’t really feel it. Sigh! When it stopped I quickly removed it, wiped myself down and put on a clean one. I took a sleeping pill and returned to bed and quickly fell asleep.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 13,254 ð 11,797 ð 12,914 new cases and 213 ð 193 ð 249 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,350,495 ð 4,375,861 ð 4,402,582 new cases with 108,896 ð 109,466 ð 110,019 deaths.  Medellin has 360,602 ð 361,507 ð 362,830 cases, an increase of 1,322 cases from July 5th to 6th. Envigado has a total of 27,458 cases, an increase of 73 from July 5th to 6th.

T-shirt of the day

My heart belongs to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment