Saturday, July 3, 2021

Friday, July 2, 2021

Recovery Day #4!

Last night I went to bed at 10am, fell asleep quickly, woke up briefly at 1am finally waking/getting up at 6:15. For the first time I was able to maneuver onto my right side to sleep for a while.

Teresa cut up some papaya for me then left at 7am for a gym class. When she returns at 8:30 she will make a proper breakfast.

I checked my checking account and SS has finally been deposited so we have cash again; not that I’m going anywhere soon.

I gave myself a sponge bath. This is when washcloths really come in handy. Then I shaved, all the first time since Monday morning. Later I’ll see if Teresa can help me wash my hair with some warm water.

Teresa returned at 8:30 then made me breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast, and coffee.

Troyclough resigned our game on the 26th move, increasing my rating to 1560.

I returned to bed at 9:45 and slept until 11:15.

Teresa made me a burger and wrapped it in aluminum foil because she has a 12:20 doctor’s appointment to go to.

Laura texted me. She arrived safely in Chicago for her weekend vacation.

Interesting how it’s so easy to stream other’s playing chess. Right now on chess.com there is a 21-year old girl from the Netherlands:

Hi everyone! My name is Anna-Maja Kazarian and I'm a 21-year-old chess player from the Netherlands.

I'm currently holding the FM and WIM titles. In 2015, I became European champion in the category girls under 16. So far, I have become Dutch chess champion 25 times in different categories.

I’m new to Twitch and streaming, and I’ve looked forward to starting streaming for so long! I’m very excited and motivated for this and I look forward to meeting you all in the chat!

I ate my hamburger with a small bottle of Coke.

I watched Alone (6.2) the movie then I started Alone (8.4) the TV series on Medellin TV.

When Teresa returned she assisted me in washing my hair. I almost feel human again even though I’ve been wearing nothing but the same pajamas since Tuesday.

Michael resigned our game increasing my rating one point to 1561.

Teresa knows I’m bored but I couldn’t believe it when she suggested I go to Parva for coffee. I can barely walk.

I put on Fatal Attraction (6.9) for Teresa.

Her usual Desafio program was replaced by some futból game that wasn’t even Colombia playing.

My biggest problem now is that my testicles have swollen to the size of oranges, and I can barely walk or sit. I googled this problem and learned they can swell to the size of a grapefruit. Yikes!

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 11,466 ð 12,809 ð 13,596 new cases and 256 ð 262 ð 230 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,240,982 ð 4,269,297 ð 4,297,302 new cases with 106,544 ð 107,137 ð 107,723 deaths.  Medellin has 353,571 ð 355,226 ð 357,362 cases, an increase of 2,121 cases from July 1st to 2nd. Envigado has a total of 27,191 cases, an increase of 86 from July 1st to 2nd.

 

T-shirt of the day

Worshipper.

1 comment:

  1. The size of oranges, Y I K E S !!! How does the sack expand enough that quickly to accommodate them???? Glad you have oranges and not grapefruit !!

    ReplyDelete