Thursday, July 29, 2021

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Recovery Day #30!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 3:15, changed my AD, watched a little of The Handmaid’s Tale and returned to bed at 4:15am. I quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 9:15 and arrived by taxi at the San Diego Ophthalmology Clinic by 9:50. I showed my appointment at the information desk and they gave me a number and directed me to…all I understood was Juan Valdez. Nearby the Juan Valdez I saw a number display and 5 minutes later I paid the 239mil for my procedure. They then sent me around the corner to another larger waiting room. Finally, just before 11am I was invited into the consultation room where I found Dr. Montoya was there with a younger doctor. She checked both my eyes with another strange machine and told me she would be consulting with her consultation group and would call me for an appointment. I told her about my difficulty finding the eye drops she prescribed and she told me to call her secretary for a pharmacy that carries them. Before I left the building, I checked the clinic’s pharmacy but they didn’t have them either. I took a taxi to Viva Envigado and called Teresa to inform her I’d be having lunch there. She told me she made pasta so I quickly printed some chess notes and returned to the apt by taxi.

I had a nap after lunch.

I had to remind Teresa to call the secretary then the pharmacy. I asked her to see if they have domicilios (home delivery) and if not be sure to get their address. At 4pm she got through and I understood it would be delivered today.

How uncomfortable this is. I try to pee a little into the toilet before putting on a new AD. Then, because I’m straining a little to pull the new pair up, I end up peeing into the new AD. It wouldn’t be so bad if it hit the absorbent part, but oh no, it has to hit the waistband that will soon be around my waist. It appears that any kind of even minimal exertion like sitting up, standing up, sneezing, laughing and I start peeing.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 2 games to 1.

At 8pm the portero called and I went down to the porteria where I paid 96,400 pesos for 2 bottles. From the receipt I see the pharmacy is called Serfamed and its in Laureles at 034 412-9677.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 56,635 ð 63,248 ð 66,924 new cases and 275 ð 290 ð 316 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,736,349 ð 4,747,775 ð 4,757,139 new cases with 119,182 ð 119,482 ð 119,801 deaths.  Medellin has 385,266 ð 385,916 ð 386,625 cases, an increase of 709 cases from July 27th to 28th. Envigado has a total of 28,612 cases, an increase of 27 from July July 27th to 28th.

 

Joke of the day

My husband wants to make cauliflower crust pizza, so now I have to run to the grocery store and find a new husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment