Friday, July 2, 2021

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Recovery Day #2!

I woke up at 3am, got up at 3:30 and it’s almost 4am as I sit aways from my computer because skooching my chair forward is still too uncomfortable. I have my robe on and after Teresa wakes up she will help me switch to my pajamas.

I’m now going to go back and try to write down my memories of the past two days.

I went back to bed at 5am and slept until 7am. Teresa was in the other room with the door closed and couldn’t hear me call for help to put on my pajamas so I just got up naked and put on my robe.

Teresa helped me empty my bag of 1000 cc’s of urine into the toilet.

I had scrambled eggs, toast and coffee for breakfast.

I went back to bed at 8:45 and woke up at 9:45 and looked at my watch. I struggled a little to move from my side to my back then fell back asleep waking at 10:30. Teresa came into my room and told me she wanted to take a nap so I guess I dozed off again for a bit. My feet were cold and I struggled but managed to put on my warm socks. When Teresa got up she was helping me put on my pajamas when I thought she was staring at my surgical site. She said something about my penis and I took a photo and it looks bruised. Teresa used a word to describe how it looked but it wouldn’t translate. I translated “bruised” but she didn’t know the translated word in Spanish. I sent off a text to my doctor asking if this is normal then Teresa helped me put on my pajamas.

I had a bowl of fruit while sitting at the kitchen table.

For lunch I had another bowl of chicken vegetable soup.

At 1pm Dr. Castano asked me to sent him a photo. I did and he soon told me this was a normal part of the healing process.

My biggest fear at the moment is a sneeze. So far I’ve managed to stifle the couple that have arisen. All I want now is to take a good dump. I haven’t had a BM since Sunday. Teresa suggested she make me some bicarbonate of soda in water but when she gave it to me I have no idea why it had to be hot. Still nothing happening.

I am walking better and getting up and sitting down a little easier but still a lot of discomfort.

I finished reading Ben Graff’s The Greenbecker Gambit on my Nook. I downloaded a number of books to my Nook the weekend before my surgery thinking I might be bedbound for some time. They come in handy when sitting at the kitchen table with nothing to do.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 11,534 ð 11,466 new cases and 272 ð 256 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,213,074 ð 4,240,982 new cases with 105,934 ð 106,544 deaths.  Medellin has 351,654 ð 353,571 cases, an increase of 1,880 cases from June 29th to 30th. Envigado has a total of 27,042 cases, an increase of 91 from June 29th to 30th.

T-shirt of the day

Old school gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment