Friday, July 30, 2021

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Recovery Day #31!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1:45, changed my AD, watched a little of The Handmaid’s Tale and returned to bed at 2:30am. I quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa left at 8:45 for her gym class in Viva Envigado and I left the apt at 10am. I walked to the mall, printed a couple chess notes, and bought a package of 16 Clasico pañeles (ADs) in Exito for 54mil. (I wonder if they are more or less expensive in the Pasteur pharmacy, or Todo Drogas.) Teresa said it might be cheaper if I bought a case in Pricesmart. I don’t remember seeing them but she says she did.

Teresa joined me 5-minutes after I arrived in Santa Leña. She saw something on her cellphone that the Feria de los Flores is only open to those who have been vaccinated. I texted some friends and Steve says Santafe mall has the Pfizer vaccine so I’m trying to get Teresa to go get one. She’s concerned about long lines but I don’t care – I want her to get vaccinated. Even if it isn’t Pfizer some protection is better than none.

I tried, again, using World Remit to send myself cash. Again as soon as I asked to send my USD to Colombia to receive in pesos it changed the ‘Send to Self’ option to ‘Bank Transfer’. I continued a couple more screens and it allowed me to change it back to ‘Send to Self’. Yay. When I gave it my debit card information it said it sent an authorization request to my USAA app. (A few months ago when I finally received my 3rd stimulus check I downloaded the USAA app and used it to deposit my check. When I confirmed the deposit was there I thought, “I’m not going to be needing this again” so I uninstalled it.) I requested secondary authorization but for some reason I didn’t receive it as an email. I downloaded a USAA app again but I couldn’t remember my Userid and password. I called USAA and had a 25-minute wait to talk to a representative. Brittany assisted me in resetting my password and I was back in business but I had to start over with the World Remit payment. (In the middle of this a thunderstorm came through and I feared losing my internet connection.)

I had an hour nap after lunch. Teresa started hers right after I finished mine.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 2 games to 1. She might not beat me consistently but she sure likes to talk smack.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 63,248 ð 66,924 ð 71,621 new cases and 290 ð 316 ð 321 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,747,775 ð 4,757,139 ð 4,766,829 new cases with 119,482 ð 119,801 ð 120,126 deaths.  Medellin has 385,916 ð 386,625 ð 387,338 cases, an increase of 712 cases from July 28th to 29th. Envigado has a total of 28,657 cases, an increase of 45 from July July 28th to 29th.

 

Joke of the day

Apparently, I pack an apple in my 5-year-old’s lunch so it can get out of the house for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment