Friday, July 2, 2021

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Recovery Day #1!

It took me a while to fall asleep last night what with all the “visitors”.

For breakfast they bring me a piece of bread, 2 slices of processed meat, 2 slices of cheese and a package of their local crackers and a thermos of hot water. There are lots of packets of sugar on the tray along with a bag of packets of instant coffee. Teresa went to the cafeteria to get herself breakfast and she returned with a small café con leche for me.

Two doctors arrived that speak good English and they ask how I’m feeling and we go over my surgery again. One mentioned that my umbilical hernia was bigger than they thought it would be.  I ask when I can check out and they say probably around noon.

A nurse wants me to start walking so Teresa helps me up and assists me in walking to the doorway a couple times then she gets a phone call. While she was on the phone I repeated the route 3 more times on my own. No dizziness.

Dr. Castaño stops by and asks how I am feeling.

They bring me lunch which was forgettable.

Teresa is upset about something and she calls Marjorie, Dr. Castaño’s secretary complaining about what we got for 8,000,000 pesos compared to when she had her surgery at Las Americas. I only understood no soap or towels in our bathroom and the long waits for things.

We finally were released about 3:30. I didn’t have too much difficulty getting in or out of the taxi and fortunately didn’t feel much discomfort every time we hit a bump.

Dr. Castano had given Teresa a prescription for some pills for me to take. She called a couple pharmacies for prices and remarked how expensive they were. I gave her the phone number for Todo Drogas and she got a quote 30mil less. They also delivered.

For supper Teresa made me chicken vegetable soup and I managed to eat most of it.

I have 2 tablets to take twice a day and one I take 3 times a day, all for the next 5 days.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 11,881 ðð 11,534 new cases and 307  ðð 272 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,158,716 ðð 4,213,074 cases with 104,678 ðð 105,934 deaths.  Medellin has 349,001 ðð 351,654 cases, an increase of 1,064 cases from June 28th to 29th. Envigado has a total of 26,945 cases, an increase of 57 from June 28th to 29th.

T-shirt of the day

Just American.

No comments:

Post a Comment