Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Monday, July 5, 2021

Recovery Day #7!

Today is a holiday here – The Feast of Saints Peter and Paul.

Didn’t sleep well last night. During the night I moved (very slowly) from my left side to my back to my right side but couldn’t find a comfortable position.

I finished season 1 of Alone.

I had a little over an hour nap after breakfast.

Teresa’s going a little stir crazy being cooped up with me so I think she’ll finally be going out for a bit today.

Teresa talked to a friend of a friend who is a nurse and she said my after surgery experience is normal. More concerning would be if I had fever, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Last night I ate half of my “salado” from Chiclayo which is chicken, rice, tomatoes, peppers, and onions. For lunch today I had half of the remainder of that. I haven’t often had an appetite but I eventually eat something anyway.

Laura met with my daughter Jeannie today in her Chicago apartment.

I watched more episodes of Alone. I watch an episode then get up and walk around the apt for a few minutes. Hopefully, I’ll get this catheter taken out tomorrow and the healing should accelerate.

For supper I finished the last of my salado.

At night, I have noticeably more swelling. It’s like walking around with a bowling ball between your legs.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 13,304 ð 13,254 ð 11,797 new cases and 223 ð 213 ð 193 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,324,230 ð 4,350,495 ð 4,375,861 new cases with 108,314 ð108,896 ð 109,466 deaths.  Medellin has 359,314 ð 360,602 ð 361,507 cases, an increase of 905 cases from July 4th to 5th. Envigado has a total of 27,385 cases, an increase of 56 from July 4th to 5th.

T-shirt of the day

Detroit Tigers 1901.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, I am relived to hear you are making progress. I now will have expectations of what lies ahead if I ever need that procedure. I am glad you are moving around in the apartment. I read the other day that one should not set over two hours without getting up, walking and stretching for a total of both for about five minutes. The fluids between the disks decrease if one does not do that. It is a problem for sedentary older people, especially for people with back issues already (you & me). I have become a YouTube addict. I now try to stretch and walk between each video.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete