Sunday, July 11, 2021

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Recovery Day #12!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke/got up at 2am and changed into one of the new ADs. We decided we would use the old brand when Teresa is around to help me put them on otherwise, I will use the new brand. At least now I have enough for the next few days. I did some work on the computer and went back to bed at 3am.

Teresa woke me up with her vocalizations while she was getting up and stretching. Five minutes later I got up too at 7am.

I received a text from Envios Market that they have a package for me. I told them I would leave an envelope with cash inside with the portero by noon.

Shower still doesn’t give hot water for longer than a minute. Sigh!

Teresa wants to go out so I’m on my own for lunch. I can order something to be delivered or go to Asados Rogelio or the mall.

Strange, I got sort of a cramp right where the ankle meets the foot on the upperside. No muscle there so some sort of a ligament or tendon issue?

Teresa left just before noon. A few minutes later a portero stopped by with my package: a container of Garrett’s cheese & caramel corn, 2 Chess Life magazines and a Reader’s Digest. (I tipped him 2 mil with hopes that maybe they would make a habit of delivering my packages to our door.) Woo hoo!

I won another game against Michael increasing my rating a point to 1562.

I ordered BBQ wings from Go Wings. Half an hour later its “The restaurant is preparing your order” and it just started raining. Drat!

My brother called me and we chatted for a while.

So glad I didn’t go out for lunch like Teresa suggested. I certainly would not want to get caught out in a rainstorm here. Cold, slippery, might even fall. The lightning here is just incredible. Not sure if it’s because we’re in a valley or because homes here are so open. The rain didn’t last long though, maybe 15 minutes.

It’s been an hour and the restaurant is still preparing my order!?

Two hours after my order was supposed to be delivered cancelled it. I guess it will be cereal for lunch.

No milk! Sheesh and Teresa was just at the grocery store yesterday. My lunch turned out to be popcorn and a 250ml bottle of Coke.

I finished season 5 and started season 6 of Alone.

Well, we didn’t get anywhere near 80 degrees today; maybe 76 or 78 briefly before the storm.

Tomorrow I think I’ll make a little trip to the mall, maybe with an extra AD, and see how it goes.

I was surprised Eschneiderag9 resigned our game so early – 16th move. It was a little later I saw he timed out. My rating is now 1576, getting closer to 1600.

Teresa returned at 7:45 and brought me a Subway sandwich and a 400ml bottle of Pepsi.

She sat down with me to watch an episode of Alone. I rewound the current episode so she could see one of the survival experts shoot a moose with his bow and arrow, wait 3 hours for the moose to die, spend more hours butchering it with only a jackknife, then haul it all back to his campsite.

My incision site is healing nicely. Still a little burning when I pee, probably from catheter irritation. Main problem now is recovering my urinary continence.

More rain in the evening just before going to bed at 10:45.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 16,208 ð 18,272 ð 18,829 new cases and 193 ð 224 ð 224 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,450,086 ð 4,471,622 ð 4,492,537 new cases with 111,155 ð 111,731 ð 112,298 deaths.  Medellin has 365,667 ð 367,667 ð 368,726 cases, an increase of 1,080 cases from July 9th to 10th. Envigado has a total of 27,726 cases, an increase of 55 from July 9th to 10th.

T-shirt of the day

Refusing to surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment