Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Monday, July 12, 2021

Recovery Day #14!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, quickly fell asleep, but woke/got up at 3am. I changed my AD, worked on the computer for a while, finished an episode of Alone, and returned to bed at 4am. I quickly fell back asleep, waking/getting up at 6:45 when I heard Teresa close the bedroom door.

I had a nap of a little over an hour it the morning.

I’m going to share my new shower hack with you. About 11am I closed all the bathroom doors and windows and went inside the shower stall. I soaked a washcloth with cold water and scrubbed soap all over it. I then scrubbed the lower half of my body. My upper body said, “I want to be washed too”. I said, “Sorry, we’ve got to take turns”. I tossed the washcloth over the shower door into the sink. I turned on the hot water then the cold water, got a good balance and rinsed my bottom half in the one minute before the hot water went out. I dried, put on a new AD and dressed. Finally, I got my bottom half washed for the first time in 2 weeks.

I finished season 6 of Alone. In that season the person that survived the longest in the Arctic won $500,000. In season 7 anyone who can survive 100 days in the Arctic wins $1,000,000. Should be interesting.

The portero stopped by and dropped off a flyer. Teresa told me the patching and painting that’s being done on the exterior of the building across the street will start here tomorrow so we should keep our windows closed.

Teresa removed the plants, but not the pots, that have been on the balcony. Once she removes the plants there might actually be enough space to put out a chair.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 4 games to 1.

Tomorrow I go to the mall to pay a few bills.

I went to bed at 10:30.

Today per Medellin Guru:

  • Colombia has reported that daily cases in Colombia have now dropped in 12 of the past 13 days.
  • Yesterday, Colombia reported less than 20,000 daily cases, the lowest daily count in over 30 days.
  • Active cases in have dropped in the past several days with more recoveries than new cases daily and the total has dropped from over 160,000 to 131,798 active cases.

We believe this improvement is due to an increase in vaccinations in Colombia.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 18,829 ð 19,032 ð 23,025 new cases and 224 ð 223 ð 254 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,492,537 ð 4,511,960 ð 4,530,610 new cases with 112,298 ð 112,826 ð 113,335 deaths.  Medellin has 368,726 ð 370,566 ð 371,962 cases, an increase of 1,395 cases from July 11th to 12th. Envigado has a total of 27,857 cases, an increase of 60 from July 11th to 12th.

T-shirt of the day

Summer air. Messy hair.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, I enjoyed the conversation with your body in the shower. It made me smile. I am glad to see you can maintain your sense of humor about such things.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete