Saturday, July 24, 2021

Friday, July 23, 2021

Recovery Day #25!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 1am, and changed my AD. I worked some on the computer, watched a little of The Handmaid’s Tale and returned to bed at 2am. I fell back asleep quickly finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Teresa left just before 8am for a gym class in Viva Envigado.

I left at 9am and walked to the mall with a bag of Cheerios. I met Glenn in Juan Valdez and gave him the bag for 25mil. We chatted for a while then I went upstairs and made an ATM withdrawal. At the tienda naturista I bought a bottle of Calendula tablets. The ones I had been buying were 180 400mg capsules from PipingRock (4 for $25 plus shipping). These are 100 500mg chewable tablets from Funat Laboratories for 25,750 pesos ($6.75). We’ll see if they work as well as the others. Lately, I have had little to no problems with the osteoarthritis in my lower back since I’ve been taking the Calendula (Marigold flower) capsules.  (Back at the apt I tried one and, though it’s supposedly mint flavored, it certainly isn’t tasty.)

I had a café con leche and slice of carrot cake in Santa Leña

This photo is of my café con leche with a slice of carrot cake. 



No, I know my cup of coffee isn’t overflowing as I mentioned before but I had already taken a sip.

The following video is from my seat and starting with their “kitchen” and ending with the mall entrance (quite a way in the distance) from the metro.


At 11am I was getting ready to leave when Teresa called from Crepes & Waffles ice cream downstairs. I recycled a plastic bottle and met Teresa and MT at the ice cream store. Teresa asked if I needed anything from Exito and I gave her a small list. She said they would wait for me there. In Exito the only Vaseline I found was a large jar with another small jar free. I skipped it. I bought milk, coffee, and more ADs. I stopped at the pharmacy and asked about Vaseline but again was told all they have is a large size. Again, I passed. Hopefully I can find a small jar in the pharmacy by Parva.

We quickly caught a taxi back to our apt.

I received a reminder of my eye doctor appointment for next Monday at 1:20pm.

I started working out my arms again with my 7# dumbbell.

We both took a nap after lunch for a little over an hour.

I left the apt just after 4pm in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt. I stopped at the Pasteur pharmacy to buy a small container of Vaseline. The pharmacist asked if it was for dolor (pain) or ardor (I had no idea). I said “dolor” and she sold me a small container for 2,700 pesos. I walked to Parva where I bought a loaf of pan sano. The salesman showed me a smaller loaf they now sell but I went with the larger. I texted my brother and with his help and an English dictionary I figured out that “ardor” means “intense heat”. Actually, I don’t know which symptom is correct.

I had a café con leche for about an hour and returned to the apt before dark.

I still occasionally feel a tweak in my surgical area.

I think we topped out at about 84 degrees today.

I think I’ll be watching a lot of the Tokyo Olympic coverage.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 41,310 ð 45,343 ð 49,746 new cases and 249 ð 252 ð 270 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,679,994 ð 4,692,570 ð 4,705,734 new cases with 117,482 ð 117,836 ð 118,188 deaths.  Medellin has 380,480 ð 381,768 ð 382,546 cases, an increase of 760 cases from July 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has a total of 28,417 cases, an increase of 37 from July July 22nd to 23rd.

T-shirt of the day

Whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, I am glad to hear you are progressing well. Also glad to hear the Marigold is still helping your back. Is the Glucosamine/chondroitin/msm still helping with joint pain??

    I have a natural incontinence remedy. Twice daily I take Astragalus 500 mg, cat's claw 500 mg, ashwagandha 1500 mg. I saw and responded to an infomercial regarding incontinence. A 30 day supply was $135 USD. I ordered it and it worked. It contained the three herbs I listed above, plus a "proprietary blend". It took between two - three weeks to see good results. But I noticed an improvement in a week. I ordered the the herbs off of Amazon for a lot less $$$. I had been getting up 2,3,4 times a night. Now I sleep without needing to get up. Granted when I get up in the mornings I have to go pretty quickly.

    Also, I think the Pharmacist was asking if the Petroleum Jelly was for a burn. Petroleum workers in the Pennsylvania oil fields discovered it worked on their burns. Hence, the name.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete