Saturday, July 10, 2021

Friday, July 9, 2021

Recovery Day #11!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a while to fall asleep, woke/got up at 2:30 (that’s about 4 hours sleep), changed my AD, had a drink of water, worked at the computer a bit, and went back to bed at 3:30. I quickly fell asleep and woke/got up at 6:30 (another 3 hours of sleep) and changed into my last AD.

Teresa left for the gym just before 7am.

While she was gone, I had a bowl of granola, washed and shaved my face, and set out my clothes.

I’m looking forward to my first shower since June 28th.

Teresa returned at 8:30 with a new brand of ADs. The problem with them is they aren’t the “step into” kind so I needed 4 hands to put them on. I might be able to do it myself if I sit down and put them on. I went in to take my shower. Again, I had just put the shampoo in my hair when the hot water went out. Sigh! Teresa told me she had hot water in her bathroom (???) so I moved to hers. I was washing my trunk when the hot water went out again. I dried myself off, dressed and looked more carefully where I had put the batteries. There is a rocker switch that says “botón de encendido”. I rocked it back and forth and hopefully that will work.

I left the apt just after 9am and took a taxi to the mall. I recycled some plastic bottles, made a withdrawal from an ATM and made a 70mil payment into the account of Liga de Ajedres. I went down to Home Center where I recycled the old batteries then bought a new 2-pack of Energizer D-batteries. In Exito I printed some chess notes, bought a package of my cholesterol medication and bought a large pack of a different brand of ADs. These babies are about $2 apiece. I returned by taxi by 10:15.

Teresa left at 10:30 for Mercado Madrid.

I turned on the hot water in the shower in the bathroom but 2 minutes later it was cold. Could the batteries I had been saving be bad? Hard to believe.

I texted my deposit receipt with my personal information to the chess league office for the August Flower Fair chess tournament. They responded in English asking for a few more details so I guess I’m good to go. I have just 4 weeks to get healthier.

Teresa called me at 11:15 and I waddled down to Mercado Madrid. Another problem I have is holding my pants up; I certainly don’t want to tighten my belt over the site of my incision. First time in my life I wish I had suspenders. Lol. I charged $100 of groceries and waddled back up the hill to our apt. They beat me easily and I tipped a portero to bring our groceries up to the apt.

That’s enough exercise for me today.

I found I can do a halfway decent job of putting on the new brand of ADs if I sit on the edge of the bed.

Neither of us like the new brand of ADs that Teresa bought this morning. So inconvenient to put on.

I finished season 4 and started season 5 of Alone.

I did a little internet search on troubleshooting the on-demand water heater. It’s difficult because “sales” always come to the forefront. I did read one comment that when you reset it it doesn’t work again for 12-24 hours so we’ll see tomorrow.

Today was an overcast day. I think we barely hit 80 degrees.

About 8pm we noticed it was raining.

Colombia scored a goal in the last minute to defeat Peru 3-2 and take 3rd place in America’s Cup.

Ooops. My cotton t-shirt is soaked in urine as well as the upper part of my pajamas. Teresa thought it was because I didn’t wear my ADs high enough. Well, this is the brand she bought and she put them on me. I think I just waited too long to change them. She took my PJs to wash and since my thicker ones are still “in the drier” so to speak now I’m down to just my terry cloth robe. Teresa said she can just wash the top of my PJs that are urine stained so it shouldn’t take that long for them to dry. I was reading the details of the new ADs I bought and I pointed out one detail. She said she didn’t know how she didn’t see this type. I asked how much hers cost and she said 42 or 43mil. I told her mine cost 62mil. She didn’t see mine because she was looking for the cheapest ones and I was looking for the best quality.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 15,259 ð 16,208 ð 18,272 new cases and 182 ð 193 ð 224 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,426,811 ð 4,450,086 ð 4,471,622 new cases with 110,578 ð 111,155 ð 111,731 deaths.  Medellin has 364,205 ð 365,667 ð 367,667 cases, an increase of 1,972 cases from July 8th to 9th. Envigado has a total of 27,671 cases, an increase of 77 from July 8th to 9th.

T-shirt of the day

Lover.

1 comment:

  1. This is what you need.

    https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KJ17MCC82A-eneloop-Adapters-Individual/dp/B00JHKSLSW

    The charger, unlike all the others, will charge only one battery quickly at a time which is great for a lot of things like remotes or a mouse. Also the C cell and D cell batteries are run by an AA battery inserted in the center. The batteries are also the best ever since they hold their charge longer than most rechargeable ones. I would never buy any other brand after using these for four years now. The charger is also very easy to take with me on travels.

    Thanks for sharing your prostate experiences. Hope you will regain your continence soon.

    ReplyDelete