Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Recovery Day #29!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:15 (it was raining), changed my AD, watched a little of The Handmaid’s Tale and returned to bed at 3:15am (it was still raining). I quickly fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I took my shower right away then changed into my last clean AD. That gave me 3-4 hours to get to the mall and buy more.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the mall. I printed some chess notes, recycled a plastic bottle, and had coffee in Todo Fresa. Teresa called me at 10:30 and asked where I was. She soon joined me. She told me her friend Patricia was on her way from Santafe mall to join us. In the meantime, I went to Exito and bought a package of ADs. Back at Todo Fresa I borrowed a pair of scissors, opened the package, removed one and headed to the restroom. I wanted to use the handicap stall for a bit more space but it was occupied. I peed a little, and changed my AD. When I stood up to take off my pants the toilet auto flushed. While I was sitting, putting on my shoes, I was hoping it wouldn’t auto flush again and soak my pants. I deposited my used AD in their garbage can and returned to Todo Fresa. When Patricia arrived, she reported it was raining outside. Teresa was on the phone so I took the opportunity to quiz her a bit. Her 62-year-old husband had his prostate removed on February 2nd. It wasn’t laparoscopic but he hasn’t had any problem with impotence or incontinence.

When we left we stopped in Exito for a few things. I stopped at the pharmacy for my eye drops but they didn’t have them. In Medipiel Teresa bought 2 containers of shampoo and got a 3rd for free. She bought a couple other things and got a free large umbrella. We went across the street to La Bahia where we had their menu of the day for 13mil each.



I understand  La Bahia is now open for breakfast at 8am. We returned to the apt by taxi.

I don’t think we’re going to get close to 80 degrees today as at 1:30 its only 72 degrees.

Troyclough accepted my draw offer dropping my rating by 2 points. As long as I beat him with White, I’m okay drawing with Black.

I waited an hour to reach the 4-hour mark before changing my AD.

I left the apt at 3pm and walked to the Pasteur pharmacy in La Buena Mesa. Not only do they not have my eye drops but if I understood correctly, neither does any other Pasteur pharmacy in the area.

I had coffee in Parva for about an hour before returning to the apt.

I had Teresa call Todo Drogas and they don’t have my eye drops either. Tomorrow I’ll ask my doctor where I can get them – maybe there is even a pharmacy nearby the eye clinic.

The evening news reported various migrant groups landing in Necocli and turning north towards Panama on their way to the US.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 51,939 ð 56,635 ð 63,248 new cases and 269 ð 275 ð 290 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,727,846 ð 4,736,349 ð 4,747,775 new cases with 118,868 ð 119,182 ð 119,482 deaths.  Medellin has 384,430 ð 385,266 ð 385,916 cases, an increase of 629 cases from July 26th to 27th. Envigado has a total of 28,583 cases, an increase of 43 from July July 26th to 27th.

 

Joke of the day

My Fitbit had stopped working, which meant I wouldn’t get any credit for all the steps I took during my upcoming Zumba class. Luckily, my husband came to the rescue. Handing me his Fitbit, he said, “Here, take mine. I need the exercise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment