Friday, July 16, 2021

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Recovery Day #17!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, quickly fell asleep, but woke/got up at 2:45am. I changed my AD, worked on the computer for a while, watched part of the last episode of Alone, and returned to bed at 3:30. It took a while to fall back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

At 9:30 I showered my upper half, shaved and left the apt. I walked to the mall where I printed some chess notes then bought toilet paper and a package of ADs in Exito. Upstairs I was surprised to see a line at my usual ATM. I noticed its twin was out of order so maybe that was the reason. Instead of joining the line I went to another bank’s ATM I’ve used before although it has a 16mil service charge (that my bank usually returns). That one was out of order also. I went back and got in line and when I was two people away from my turn it went out-of-order also. Sigh!

Teresa called me and asked me to meet her downstairs at Crepes & Waffles ice cream. We each had a cup of ice cream then she wanted to go for lunch. 😊 I put her off for a bit then we went to La Bahia for lunch. After, we returned to the apt by taxi.

Because men are working washing the exterior we had all our windows closed and it got quite stuffy.

I finished season 7 and started season 8 of Alone.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 0. She sure likes to talk smack. “I’m the world champion” and “You think you’re winning?”

Teresa talked to Dr. Castano’s secretary, and I understand we are to call her next Tuesday for a Wednesday appointment.

We also discussed the refrigerator situation and I think she now understands there are two concerns: replacing the water filter and repairing the ice chute. She talked to someone at Refriamigos and I understand the muchacho will replace the filter for 30mil. She suggested I watch to see how he does the replacement so I could do it myself next time. For $8 I don’t want to have to deal with where to get the filter and replacing it correctly. Am I right or am I right? Regarding the repair she asked me again when we bought the refrigerator. I asked her how long the warranty is for and she said 1-year. Without looking I told her June 20th which I why I wanted it taken care of before my surgery.  She called Exito again and I think she got the same story as before, call Samsung. Sigh!

About 9pm it started raining.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 25,661 ð 26,494 ð 28,315 new cases and 329 ð 283 ð 279 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,548,142 ð 4,565,372 ð 4,583,442 new cases with 113,839 ð 114,337 ð 114,833 deaths.  Medellin has 373,048 ð 374,390 ð 375,562 cases, an increase of 1,217 cases from July 14th to 15th. Envigado has a total of 28,073 cases, an increase of 83 from July 14th to 15th.

T-shirt of the day

Good things take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment