Monday, July 26, 2021

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Recovery Day #27!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:15, and changed my AD. I watched a little of The Handmaid’s Tale and returned to bed at 3:15am. I eventually fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 6:30am. I think I’m going to need a nap later.

I left the apt at 8am in a steady rain and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station across the street from Otra Parte. We had to wait a few minutes to catch a taxi. Because Bianca was wet he struggled, successfully, to get her to sit on the floor and not on the seat. We got out at Calle 10A & Carrera 37 in Poblado. We walked across the street to the Click Clack Hotel. This time the security guard didn’t say anything as we entered. Steve was already there although at first both of us mistook him for a water. The center part was open to the rain but we found a table in the back. Steve and I both had the French toast which was pretty good. When it was time to pay there was no charge as previously agreed to by their email.

Steve went on his own and Glenn, Bianca and I caught a taxi back to Envigado. They got out at the usual location just before Jumbo. I continued on to the turnaround by the bridge and was dropped of right at my apt.

As I entered the apt Teresa was just leaving to spend the day with her mother at Santafe mall.

For lunch I ordered BBQ wings from Go Wings. This time it only took about 25 minutes to be delivered but I forgot to add French fries to my order.

I watched more episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale.

Did I mention the new calendula flower tablets taste like chalk?

Just before 6pm Teresa called me and asked me to meet her at the porteria so we can go for pizza. I thought she was crazy as it was pouring rain. MT was still with her and we each had a slice of pizza with two drinks for 32mil at Antica Pizza. Rain had lessened considerably by the time we left but we still had a 5-10 minute wait to catch a taxi back to the apt. The taxi driver chatted nonstop (almost like a performance) all they way to our apts.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 49,746 ð 51,209 ð 51,939 new cases and 270 ð 267 ð 269 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,705,734 ð 4,716,798 ð 4,727,846 new cases with 118,188 ð 118,538 ð 118,868 deaths.  Medellin has 382,546 ð 383,527 ð 384,430 cases, an increase of 911 cases from July 24th to 25th.  Envigado has a total of 28,493 cases, an increase of 32 from July July 24th to 25th.  

T-shirt of the day

Strong current.

No comments:

Post a Comment