Monday, July 19, 2021

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Recovery Day #20!

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 2:15 (it was raining), made it to the toilet, emptied my bladder a bit and changed ADs. I went back to bed but couldn’t fall asleep so I got up at 2:45, worked some on the computer, watched a little TV before returning to bed at 3:30 (it wasn’t raining). I woke up at 6am and got up at 6:45.

Last night I had no gas pains, so I guess removing the onion from my pizza worked.

I left the apt at 7:45 and walked to Otra Parte then headed north where I soon met Glenn with Bianca. It took us about 5-minutes to flag down a taxi. We got out at Carrera 37 and Calle 10A. Across the street at the Click Clack Hotel a security guard notified us that they don’t open for breakfast until 10:30, even though their website says 6am so we walked a block away to D’Andre for breakfast. Glenn texted Steve about the change in location but he never made it. At the next table we met an army veteran named Thomas from Atlanta who is scouting out the area as a possible retirement spot.

I ordered the large breakfast and I couldn’t believe the amount of food I got for $8:

 


The pancakes were fantastic, the eggs and hash browns were good, the sausage patty dry and burned, the toast could have used some strawberry preserves and of course there was a ton of fruit.

We left about 11am and took a taxi back to Envigado.

Teresa wanted fried chicken for lunch so I made a Rappi order from Frisby. For $8 we got a whole fried chicken, a family coleslaw and 10 arepas (I wish there was a way to cancel the arepas).

I had an hour nap in the afternoon.

Another day with a high of about 80 degrees. In the future you can assume we had a high of 80/82 and I will only mention when it is different.

Just found out that Tuesday is a holiday – Colombian Independence Day – so I guess we’ll be getting my doctor’s appointment for Wednesday.

I watched more episode of The Handmaid’s Tale.

For supper I just finished the coleslaw.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 30,702 ð 31,281 ð 31,745 new cases and 272 ð 272 ð 273 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,601,335 ð 4,621,260 ð 4,639,466 new cases with 115,333 ð 115,831 ð 116,307 deaths.  Medellin has 376,794 ð 377,826 ð 378,927 cases, an increase of 1,083 cases from July 17th to 18th. Envigado has a total of 28,227 cases, an increase of 58 from July 17th to 18th.

T-shirt of the day

You are unstoppable. There are no limits to your power.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, I am glad your recovery is progressing well. My gosh, that was a lot of food for $8 for breakfast. And all the chicken and sides was a great deal too.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete