Monday, July 12, 2021

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Recovery Day #13!

Last night I changed my AD and went to bed at 10:45, slept well until waking/getting up at 5:45.

After breakfast I napped for another hour and 20 minutes.

I washed my face and shaved after my skin dried.

I went into the shower, rinsed my hair in cold water, put in shampoo and turned on the hot water. As usual 20 seconds later it was scalding hot. I turned on the cold water and finally found a balance. I rinsed my hair and before I could wash the rest of me I noticed the soap was missing. Egad, I left it in the other shower. I called Teresa to bring it to me and just as she handed it to me the water turned cold. Drat! Getting my body washed is certainly a work in progress. 😊

I dried myself, put on jeans and my thinnest t-shirt and left the apt at 10:30 with an extra AD in my fanny pack. I gifted a Ziploc bag of popcorn to the porteros then walked down the hill and joined the ciclovia heading south.

At the mall I printed some chess notes, recycled a bottle and withdrew some cash using my Citibank debit card. Nice to know it works without a problem. I had coffee at Todo Fresa for about an hour.

I bought some calcium pills for Teresa at the CaFam pharmacy and 3 bags of milk and a carton of eggs in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

The result of my trip/adventure: Just on or below the site of my incisions were my waistband, belt, and fanny pack which irritated the site. I’ll probably wait a few days before I repeat that.

Whenever I remove my AD I start peeing so I usually just pee right in it. Today I went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet and peed there. Because of the irritation to my urethra the area is always a little sensitive so it’s difficult to feel it when I pee.

The same guy who bagged a moose on Alone also shot the wolverine he found stealing his stored food. Now he has lots of protein but he’s lacking fats.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 2. I found I can’t sit in the kitchen chairs for long probably because I’ve lost too much fat in my butt.

We received our epm utility bill of 328,174 pesos.

I believe we barely topped out at 78 degrees today.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 18,272 ð 18,829 ð 19,032 new cases and 224 ð 224 ð 223 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,471,622 ð 4,492,537 ð 4,511,960 new cases with 111,731 ð 112,298 ð 112,826 deaths.  Medellin has 367,667 ð 368,726 ð 370,566 cases, an increase of 1,785 cases from July 10th to 11th. Envigado has a total of 27,797 cases, an increase of 69 from July 10th to 11th.

T-shirt of the day

NaNaNaNa.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, here is a joke for you....partial payment for some of the very many smiles and laughs you have given me.
    At the barbers
    Donald Trump and Barack Obama somehow ended up at the same barbershop.

    As they sat there, each being worked on by a different barber, not a
    word was spoken. The barbers were even afraid to start a conversation,
    for fear it would turn to politics.
    As the barbers finished their shaves, the one who had Trump in his
    chair reached for the aftershave.

    Trump was quick to stop him saying, 'No thanks, my wife will smell
    that and think I've been in a whorehouse,' The second barber turned
    to Obama and said, 'How about you?'
    Obama replied, 'Go ahead, my wife doesn't know what the inside of a
    whorehouse smells like.'--

    ReplyDelete