Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Monday, June 24, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5:45, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa had already left so I had a bowl of granola; now it’s a 45-minute to an hour wait before I go to the gym.

I received the following reply from Jose to my invitation to play chess on Tuesday, “I have been sick now for a few days. Just a passing virus I hope. I am feeling much better already but I would like to rest some more. So I think I better pass this time.”

I left the apt at 8:30 and completed my workout in Smartfit. My right knee is still a little wonky but at least there is no pain. At 78 years old I have begun to experience some noticeable balance and cardio issues but so far nothing extreme.

I was having a latte in Los Porteños when 3 young men with carryon luggage tried to get into the building next door. I’m guessing they didn’t have the passcode as they moved inside the café for a bit. When they came out they easily got into the building. A few minutes later they came out and took a table deep inside the restaurant. A DHL guy holding an envelope was ringing a bell to their building. I went inside and informed them and one of them got up right away and hustled out. I asked the others how much they pay for their AirBnB and I was told $700 for 3 weeks. I returned to the apt.

I made plans to meet Glenn for breakfast tomorrow in Olivenza at 9am.

Teresa told me that tomorrow morning she has Pilates class at San Marcos church then she’s going to meet with her mother and check out some art class. She wants to have lunch early, like 11:30 or noon, at La Bahia because it gets crowded later but I told her I doubt I’ll be hungry at that hour because I’m having a late breakfast with Glenn.

At 2:30 I was going to leave the apt for coffee but it felt so much like rain that I cancelled it. By 5pm it had changed to blue skies.

I completed 3 more pages of chess puzzles. I see there are 270 pages of checkmates-in-two left so if I continue at a pace of 3 pages per day I should finish them in about 3 months. 😊

I watched another episode of 24.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment