Sunday, June 2, 2024

Saturday, June 1, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 12:15am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I see my Social Security deposit, thanks Uncle Sam!

At 8:30 I ordered a Didi and arrived at Daniel’s barbershop at 8:45. (I have to remember it’s only 5 minutes away by car and I don’t have to order my ride so early.) I didn’t knock but Daniel noticed me 5 minutes later. He recently got married and showed me his beautiful wedding ring. I was done by 9:30 and took another Didi to Todo Drogas. Shortly before we arrived my driver says to me, “so friend, where are you from?” in good English. I told him “USA, Chicago”. He then asked if he needs to go around the corner to drop me off at the 37th street side of the pharmacy and I told him whatever was easiest for him. I got out ½ block from the pharmacy where I purchased 6 items for 305,900 pesos ($79), then walked to Parva where I had a café con leche amongst their usual Saturday crowd.

I’ve gained the advantage (up a knight with an attack) against ONEIPAMETATO1453 in our latest game now I just have to hold on to the advantage and convert it to a win. I’m pretty even in my latest game with Troyclough but he’s made some passive moves that might allow me to gain the advantage.

Teresa called and asked me to buy a box of Monticello pasta in Ara on my way back to the apt. I told her I’m not sure they have name brands but I’ll check. I left at 11am and stopped in Ara and saw this line



I’m not getting in that line just for a box of pasta. I returned to the apt and showed Teresa the photo of the line. She just said she’ll make something else.

On Chess.com I watched Pia Cramling, Anna’s mother, playing another GM in the Norway Chess tournament. Isn’t technology great? Pia was trying to hold on to a draw.

It looks like my book arrived in Florida so I texted Gisela from Innovation Corp. to forward everything on. Didn’t get a response, maybe she doesn’t work weekends.

I finished my bag of prunes; took over a year. I’ve been eating one or two every day and drinking my chamomile tea most days and my digestive system is generally much improved.

I think I may be over my Nummular Eczema aka Nummular Dermatitis skin problem. 😊

I’m trying something different and only taking my calendula flower extract in the morning; we’ll see if I notice a difference.

For supper I ordered ribs from Mu that arrived withing 30-35 minutes so now I’ll have something to eat at home tomorrow when Teresa goes to mass in San Peregrino.

Back in April I read one of Lee Child’s Jack Reacher books which I liked so much I decided to read the entire series in order. I just finished #2 but thought it was #1, because I purchased and downloaded both at the same time but started #2 instead of #1. Capice? So tonight, I’m starting the real first Jack Reacher novel in the series.

Before Teresa went to bed at 9pm she told me to close the living room window when I go to bed. I asked why and she said, “bats”. I went out on to the balcony and sure enough I could see a single bat flitting around. I closed the window before I went to bed at 10pm. (Glenn has mentioned he has a problem with bats flying inside his apt.) My bedroom window though, I left open the usual foot wide.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment