Sunday, June 16, 2024

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1am, again at 4:15 (found my cellphone hadn’t charged because we had unplugged it), finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I tuned in to Anna Cramling’s channel just as she was leaving the site; I think she got a draw in her final (9th round) game.

I left the apt at 8:45 for the gym. After I checked in, I called Teresa and handed the girl the phone so she could hear what classes they have today. While completing my exercises one of the lady instructors holding a clipboard came up to me, pointed at me with her pen and said, “eres un papa?”. I replied, “si”. She asked, “cual is tu nombre?”. I replied, “mejor si yo escribe”. She handed me the clipboard and I wrote my name under 5 others. My best guess is it’s for some type of a raffle.

I completed my workout and walked to the park. As expected, Los Porteños was busy so I took an outside seat in Ganso y Castor and ordered a latte. This is the view from my seat:




I left at 11am and returned to the apt. Teresa informed me she would like to go to El Tesoro after lunch. We still don’t know if Zara has reopened and when I try to google it, I get all this separate information about El Tesoro mall and Zara.

We ended up not going to El Tesoro, “too crowded”, she said.

I finished watching the 8-episode series Ripley (8.2) on Medellin TV. It was very good, reminding me of an Alfred Hitchcock thriller including being in black and white.

It started raining just before 9pm and was still raining when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment