Friday, June 14, 2024

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, was awakened by a bird outside my window at 5:10am , went to the toilet, returned to bed, couldn’t fall back asleep and got up noticing it was 6:40am. Did I fall back asleep or misread the earlier time?

Opening today in Cine Colombia is Bad Boys: Ride or Die (7.0).

I went to look at the chess games I had printed yesterday and one of them is a blank piece of paper.

I left the apt at 9am wearing sandals because I’m expecting to get warm on this walk. I met Marcos at his porteria at 9:15. He guided me to the walkway on the south side of California Buffet; it’s a longer route but you’re going up a ramp instead of the steep stairs.

We walked to Mayorista where I bought 12 boxes of Chamomile tea in Badia for 130,886 pesos ($32). They gifted me a nice cloth bag to carry it in.

Right outside the store he paid for café con leches at a small cafe. He had checked the airfare to Punta Cana ($500) and said that he’d rather spend $800 and go to Europe (Spain or Portugal).

We stopped in Euro where he bought some groceries and I bought the head of lettuce Teresa requested. He didn’t want to walk back with the heavy bag so he paid for a taxi to return us to his apt. We quickly found a taxi and the driver went up to Ave Poblado and I said goodbye and got out a few blocks from my apt. Teresa called and asked me to buy soap for dishes but I thought I had one in the closet. I stopped at the apt and dropped off the tea and lettuce and checked the closet but I didn’t find the soap. I went next door to Ara where I bought a 2-pack of soap for 7,350 pesos and returned to the apt.

I see the Currency Exchange Rate is currently 4,130 pesos per US Dollar. 😊

I’m losing my game to Troyclough but am even with Mr_Blamo.

Anna Cramling is now playing against a young man with an 1877 rating.  Her record thus far is one win, one draw, and three losses. Sounds like me.

Now I’m losing my game to Mr_Blamo.

I lost my game to Troyclough dropping my rating 11 points to 1588 but Mr_Blamo blundered a piece and now I’m winning that game. I’m up a rook now I just have to convert it to a win.

Anna won her game with seconds left on their clocks.

At 3pm I ordered an Uber to take us to the eps office in estadio but Teresa then corrected me that we were going to a different location. I cancelled the Uber, accepted the late cancellation fee of 2,500 pesos and ordered a Didi. We arrived at the new eps location by 3:40, 2 minutes early. I found an email from Smartit that when translated said I hadn’t paid for this month.



I informed Teresa and told her I’d put money in the account tomorrow.

She was finally taken an hour later and got her stomach injection. I ordered a Didi to return us to the apt but the streets were filled with cars and our car didn’t exactly have a siren on top. Teresa wanted to have coffee and wait for traffic to clear but I had already ordered the car and he said he was here. I finally spotted him turning the corner and stopping across the street. We got in and we were off. We had a little rain as we drove south.

Traffic was very heavy:



It turned out our driver Luis worked for 40 years in the southern US and spoke good English. He took the streets and showed us the non-moving expressway a couple times when we took bridges over it. In Itagui he pointed out Parque de Chimneas but sitting in the passenger seat I couldn’t see it because the roof of the car was in the way. Traffic was crawling and it took about 45 minutes to return to Calle La Buena Mesa. We had him drop us off at Olivia’s where we had supper. We each had the lasagna but they weren’t very hot. We also shared a bottle of water for a total of 102mil. It rained a little while there but thankfully it had stopped when we left and walked back to the apt.

I finished reading Lee Child’s The Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1) on my Kindle.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS






 

No comments:

Post a Comment