Thursday, June 13, 2024

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again at 5:30, finally getting up at 6am.

I have to wait until Ara opens at 8am to buy milk, then Teresa can make breakfast, then I have to wait an hour before I can go to the gym for my workout.

Troyclough is back and we’ve started a new game where I have the Black pieces.

I watched Anna Cramling playing round 4 in the Madrid Chess Festival on Chess.com. This round apparently started at 7am Colombian time. She lost her first 3 games against players rated 200 points higher than her 2060 rating but today she has Black against a player rated 1803. (I think I heard later that she won this game and the previous one.)

Just after 7:30 Teresa informed me that Ara opens at 7am. I left right away and bought 2 bags of milk and a dustpan with handle for about 12mil.



Anna was studying a position for 30 minutes without making a move. It was still 20 minutes before 9am so I decided to rest on the recliner. Next thing I know I look at the clock and it’s 9:18 and Teresa was heading out to her gym class.

I grabbed my stuff (cellphone, little notebook, and water bottle) and headed to Smartfit. I completed my workout (down 10#) again with another 7 minutes on the treadmill.

I went to Los Porteños where I had a latte while doing my daily tactics on Aimchess.

I left at 11am and had our (Jose and mine) weekly chess notes printed at the Bancolombia window on my way back to the apt.

Anna Cramling is playing again; this must be their night game. She’s playing a 10-year-old boy rated 1997.

I see the currency exchange rate has reached 4,000 pesos to the Dollar. 😊

I left the apt at 1:45 and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled a large glass bottle then went into Home Center. I found what looks like the equivalent of superglue and the only Belgium waffle maker they sell.




I paid this month’s cellphone bills in Claro then looked down to the 1st level and it appeared Urbania was packed. I went to Santa Leña and had a latte while solving more chess puzzles.

I received a text from Innovation Corp to pay 79,900 pesos for my latest order that has arrived in Bobogta. I left at 4pm, made the 79,900 pesos deposit in the Bancolombia consignacion ATM, bought a few items in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

I showed Teresa the photo of the Black & Decker waffle iron and she said it’s too big (don’t know how she can tell that from a photo) and she wants to see it in person.

I started watching a limited series called Ripley (8.2) on Medellin TV.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment