Monday, June 17, 2024

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1:15, again at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to Sao Paulo plaza. I bought a small bottle of vanilla extract then another container of Exania in CaFam for 62,050 pesos. I met Glenn at 9am in Olivenza. I answered a lot of his questions about chess and he gifted me a package of Dot’s original seasoned pretzel twists. I sent him a photo of our preferred brand of eggs


And he sent me an article about why the spike in pesos per dollar occurred last week.

He left at 10:45 and I left at 11am and walked back to the apt.

Teresa questioned why I spend every Sunday having breakfast with Glenn.  I told her that living in a foreign country speaking a foreign language, we have a lot to figure out and share. I mentioned how Davivienda is the best ATM to use with a US bank card. That started an important discussion about my bank accounts and what I want done when I die. She doesn’t like discussing it but it’s important. I want all my chess stuff to go to Juan Carlos Guerro Sierra in Envigado. I want all my electronics to go to Alejandro, Esmeralda’s son. The remainder of my bank balances go to Teresa but I emphasized she’ll need to move quickly to a cheaper apt (maybe with her mother?) or she’ll soon divest the balance on rent and utilities for the apt.

I agreed to go with her next Sunday to a pueblo, probably La Ceja.

Teresa gave me a shopping list of tomates, lechuga and Lonchitas Alpina lite. I looked in Ara but the line was too long. I went into Tienda D1 but they didn’t have lettuce, the tomatoes were in a bag and the Lonchitas were neither Alpina brand nor lite. In Ara I found tomatoes and lechuga but no Lonchitas and no lite and no Alpina brand. This is a photo from the end of the line but at least it went quickly because they had 3 cashiers.



I tried the pretzels but they tasted stale. In the end we both started eating some of them.

Teresa wanted to watch a movie so I put on The Man From Earth (7.8). I set the subtitles to Spanish and despite some buffering she enjoyed it. She then wanted to watch something else but I couldn’t find anything good with Spanish subtitles and no buffering. In the end I gave up.

Teresa and I watched a CNN special about Tsunamis.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment