Friday, June 7, 2024

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, again at 5:45, finally getting up at 6:15am.

Today is the 80th anniversary of D-Day! Not many veterans left from that day. I watched some of the Normandy remembrances on CNN.

I checked out Cine Colombia’s new releases but didn’t see anything interesting.

We left the apt at 9am and walked to Tostao in the Vegas mall where Marcos and Johana were waiting for us. The ladies discussed Malaga, Spain. They are rethinking their move to Malaga because it is so far (time zones and travel) from the US. Marcos told me about their upcoming trip to Morocco August 21 to September 25 in Morocco. I gifted them a Ziploc bag of Bisquick mix that they’re going to try for pancakes.

On Facebook, The American, John Poulos, who killed his Colombian girlfriend and stuffed her in a suitcase was found guilty and sentenced to 42 years in a Colombian prison.

We left about 10:30 and stopped in Mercado Madrid for some veggies. I was going to buy eggs but the brand we prefer was in boxes of two so I told Teresa I’d buy a large carton in Exito in Viva Envigado this afternoon.

I watched the second half of the Bears 46-10 win over the Patriots in Superbowl XX on NFL Network.

I left the apt at 1pm and took a Didi to the mall. I bought a blueberry muffin in Starbucks and took it to Urbania. It was pretty crowded but I got one of the last tables where I had my muffin with a latte while completing a few more pages of chess puzzles. Teresa called and asked me to buy blueberries so I left at 4pm, stopped in Exito and bought a large carton of eggs and a small package of blueberries and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa informed me she has an 8:30 appointment tomorrow in Laureles to get an injection so I’ll be on my own for breakfast. That would be a great opportunity to have breakfast in Los Porteños but I think I’ll be a good boy and just have a bowl of cereal, do my workout at the gym then have coffee in Los Porteños after.

I’ve seen a bat flying around the past few nights. We’re on the 4th floor but it flies mainly at the 2nd floor level at tree height. Because of that Teresa wants me to close the balcony window before we go to bed.

ONEIPAMETATO1453 allowed me to trap his bishop so now I’m up a bishop to a pawn. In my game with Troyclough each of our armies is on our own side of the battlefield waiting for someone to make the first move.

Change of plans: Teresa is going to make breakfast here before she heads out to Laureles for her injection.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment