Thursday, June 6, 2024

Monday, June 3, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

Today is another holiday, Corpus Christi.

Teresa informed me that I should return right after gym and we’ll go to Pricesmart.

My friend Jack from college emailed me that another friend, Leroy (his nickname) Brown passed away last week from cancer.

As of this morning the guys playing chess on Chess.com are approaching 30 hours.

Teresa asked me to check in the gym if there’s a class for her this morning.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to Smartfit. I called Teresa from the front desk and had her talk to a trainer I’ve never seen before. I thought I heard her say there was a class but she hung up the phone when they were done with their conversation. I called Teresa back and she said she hadn’t decided if she’s going to the class but I should go for coffee after my workout.

 I completed my workout, skipping the treadmill, and did the other exercises with the weight reduced by about 20#. No problem with my neck/shoulder but I’m going to come back slowly with it.

I had a latte in a crowded Los Porteños due to the holiday and noticed this visit from the local red squirrel.



ONEIPAMETATO1453 resigned our game increasing my rating to 1586 and I may now have the advantage (2 passed pawns in the endgame) in my game against Troyclough.

I left about 10:30 and returned to the apt.

I basically just vegged out on the recliner the rest of the afternoon, napping and watching the news.

We left the apt at 5pm and took a Didi to the nearest Pricesmart. They still don’t have the turkey breast we like but we found 3 large (recyclable) bags of stuff. I bought a box of granola for me (us) but everything else was what was on Teresa’s list. We got in one of the long lines to pay (so much for Teresa’s theory that there wouldn’t be a lot of people here at this hour on this holiday). 😊

Just after we left the exit a taxi per curer? Took our car up 2 levels and right into a taxi. (It appeared the taxi driver tipped him what looked like 2mil.) The driver took us in a light drizzle that became heavier as we proceeded to our garage.  A large Toyota was in our unloading spot doing the same so we unloaded our 3 large, heavy bags and carried them to the elevator. It turned out they were our neighbors and we shared a ride up to the 4th floor.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment