Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5:15, finally waking/getting up by alarm at 6:30am.

I took an Uber to Unicentro arriving right at 8am. I met Jose in Parmessano. They had a Father’s Day special this month, French toast with scrambled eggs and bacon. We each ordered it with lattes. We thought the bacon and scrambled eggs would be separate but they were layered in with the French toast.



We moved to the food court where I heard an exercise class going on in the lower level:



I had the Black pieces in the first game and I was winning by the 45th move but he made me play it out and I checkmated him on the 70th move.

We had a downpour from about 1:30 to 2:15. I had the White pieces in the 2nd game and I checkmated his king with my queen on the 41st move.

Gisela texted me asking about my package. I told her it was a chess book with a cost of about 20Euros or $25. She said she would forward everything on to my address.

It was about 3pm when we finished and I ordered a Didi to return me to Viva Envigado. Traffic was heavy in a light rain and it took nearly an hour to get there taking mainly main streets instead of the expressway. I went up to a crowded Pergamino but found a seat and I ate a granola con yogur y acai with a small latte. Teresa called and asked me to pick up tomatoes and lemons (limes here) and milk. I left at 5pm and picked up tortillas, Mexican salsa, and the items Teresa requested and returned to the apt by taxi.

I think I’m winning vs Troyclough while ONEIPAMETATO1453 declared vacation on the 7th move of our new game.

I was watching CNN when the TV displayed “another device connected” on the screen and some program in Spanish comes on and Terresa comes over and says this was the program she was watching on her cellphone. I don’t know if I did something to make that happen, or she did, or somehow it was done automatically. Anyway, she can watch it on her cellphone while I switched back to CNN.

Troyclough surprised me and resigned our game increasing my rating to 1590.

I watched another episode of The Good Fight.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment