Thursday, March 7, 2013

Friday, March 1st, 2013



I have a new morning routine.  I read the Chicago Sun-Times on my iPad while I’m waiting for my beard to dry before shaving.

8am and the garbage men came through.

I checked my USAA account (8am) and my Sears pension deposit finally showed up.  (Interestingly it shows a date of 2/28/13 but I know it wasn’t there as of 8pm last night.  Does that mean they updated their computer files between 8pm and midnight?)  How do I know when the money is available for use?  The only difference I can see in this month’s deposit transactions and last month’s is the “description” for these “pending” deposits is displayed in black ink and my other transactions are in blue ink.  And the “category” isn’t yet a drop down box that I can use to assign the deposits to a category of “Retirement Income”.  When one or both of those change, is that when my money is available?  I think I’ll email USAA and see what they say.

About 2:30 the construction workers in the building stopped by and added a peephole to our door.

Here's what our apartment looks like 1 month later:
Living Room from front door.

Dining room & Kitchen from Living Room

Kitchen from Dining Room

Utility Room from Kitchen

Guest Bathroom

Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom Closet

Master Bathroom


Reina and I took a short walk to the corner grocery store and she bought a small package of sausages. Now we only have about 2200 pesos left but we figure we’ll be able to take out money from the ATM on Monday at the latest.

About 7:30 I received my reply from USAA.  Weekends do not count as business days.  And I believe from their reply that the money is available as soon as I’m able to assign a description to the transaction.  I’ll be watching carefully for the timing of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment