Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday, January 26th, 2013



Breakfast in hotel.  Met with Walter somewhere in the Bello neighborhood.  We walked to a corner kiosk where there was an older couple (like I’m younger, lol) working there.  Senora Montes called from Miami to see if we had any questions.  They made a copy of my driver’s license and social security card.  We gave Walter $135 as his commission.  He gave me my documents back (letters of recommendation, etc.)  We gave them 3,000,000 pesos and they gave us a receipt. 

We then took a taxi to Angela’s where we had lunch.  Later that evening we went to one of Reina’s friend’s house.  It seemed like the whole neighborhood, including their children, came by to see the gringo.  We left after a few hours, one of the couples there gave us a ride back to the hotel in his new SUV, and we got back to the hotel about midnight.  I was smart enough to take my laptop today, but not smart enough to bring the power cord so by evening the battery was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment