Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thursday, February 21st, 2013



We left the house about 1:15pm.  On the bus ride downtown I noticed what looked like the first full sized McDonald’s I’ve seen in Medellin (on Avenida Nutibara Transversal (a main road just east of us)).  Also passed by a building with a KOE sign on it which stands for Knowledge Of English.  Which reminds me, there is a small building about a block east of us that says “Clases Ingles” on it along with a couple of telephone numbers.  I’ll have to check that out one day.

We took the metro to Bello - the next to last stop at the north end of the line.  We stopped at a doctor’s office and Reina notified them of her new address and telephone number.  We then stopped at a notary office and Reina had her son’s birth certificate certified.  We then got on another bus to barrio Castilla high in the hills to meet with her cousin.  There were only 2 seats in front across from each other and I sat down in one and Reina the other.  Reina started talking to the young lady I was sitting next to.  She obviously knew her.  I motioned to Reina to change seats and as we did she said “Gracias Mi Amor” and of course that got the lady’s attention.  I found out later she was Dilan’s girlfriend a long time ago.  

We got to her cousin’s house and that’s when I realized this is also the home of the young man, Carmilla, who speaks English.  He didn’t show up until just before we had to leave.

The bus ride home was quite an experience.  Driving down the roads from the hills the driver seemed like he was late for something.  I don’t remember going so fast and so close to other cars & buses.  But we finally got home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment