Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wednesday, February 27th, 2013



I finally finished reading all 428 pages of “The 9/11 Commission Report”.  I started it on January 20th and it took about 5 ½ weeks.

Neighbor across the street got a delivery this afternoon.  About 6 long rolls of something that looks like foam rubber you would use to stuff pillows or furniture with.  They are obviously very light to carry and each roll is either pink or blue.  It definitely looks like he is running some type of business in his basement.

This afternoon Reina went downtown to make a doctor’s appointment for her grandmother and I stayed home.  She also ran into Aunt Helen downtown.  

She brought home a flyer from a dentist’s office.  It is advertising white teeth in only 1 hour for only 120,000 pesos ($67). Their website is www.Dentiplan.com.co and it says, in English WELCOME... We provide routine cleanings, teeth whitening options, non-metal fillings, and help with gum disease, bridges, and dentures. We also use the latest in technology to provide our services in a pain-free manner. Join us with calm confidence. CONTACT US!.”

Tomorrow I’ll start checking my USAA account to see if any deposits have appeared.

Laura went home to live at her parent’s house again.  I guess she is forgiven.

Regarding pesos
At first when I kept seeing mil on their money or on a price I thought it stood for a million when actually it stands for a thousand, like millimeter or milligram mean thousand (or thousandth).  It does make it easier to work with numbers.  It was difficult enough having to learn to count to ten in Spanish.  Imagine having to learn to say 60,000.  Actually you only have to learn to say 60 (in Spanish) mil.  And in doing my approximation to dollars I can just divide by 2 and round up.  So 60mil is about $35.



No comments:

Post a Comment