Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013




I woke up at 3:15am with a light headache.  (Could this be because I had one scoop of ice cream yesterday?  I’ll have to monitor that in the future.)  At 4am I took an aspirin and it went away in about 20 minutes but still had difficulty sleeping after that. (When I say aspirin it’s really Walgreen’s Migraine Relief the generic version of Excedrin Migraine.)

I got up about 8am.  Reina had already showered.

I appear to have a cold.  I have been sneezing all morning and my nose is running.  Maybe I shouldn’t be sitting out in the 66 degree weather in my shorts and flip flops.  Lol.

9:15 Reina left for downtown.  (Look back to Monday’s posting for her plans downtown.)  She took the last of our money.  She also mentioned her mother might need some type of female surgery.

BTW, Colombia lost last night 1-0 to Venezuela.

A current comment from an Expat living in Colombia: “I think you will laugh at this: As I sat in a movie matinee today, I was amazed to see that you have to select your seats. The movie theater was, of course, lacking movie patrons. And yet, a couple in front of me had to find her seats and not sit where they were not supposed to and kept searching for their movie seats. If I didn't know any better, I would assume that this country is full abiding law citizens. However, knowing better, I find this startling, as I can't cross the street using the cross walk and not get run over by Colombian drivers. They don't stop! What a colorful country. File this under things that make you go huh?”

10:15 The worker showed up and starts sanding the cracks he spackled yesterday. 
10:45 and he is finished repainting the cracks.

1pm and the cleaning ladies show up.  Probably to continue working upstairs.

5:45pm and the religious parade comes UP the street this time.  Same as yesterday and again they stop right next door for a couple of minutes.  This time I could see the purpose for the “staffs”; they rest the statues on them whenever they stop.

It looks like I’m going to have to pay a little more than $1000 to Uncle Sam this year.  (Not to mention what I’ll owe the tax accountant.)  With everyone I owe money to it looks like it’s going to be another tight month.  Only this month I’m determined not to go into debt again!

No comments:

Post a Comment